Euro spec tigers

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A pic of something you dont see often.. the euro spec metric speedo in a tiger, this is from an RRO "alpine 260":

click for larger image:

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
Years ago I had a couple young boys, maybe 10-12, get all excited when they saw my speedo went up to 140. This I'm sure would have blown them away. LOL

Alpine260

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Do you still have this pic?

A pic of something you dont see often.. the euro spec metric speedo in a tiger, this is from an RRO "alpine 260":

click for larger image:

Michael.... This was posted along time ago but I'm trying to research the correct speedo for my alpine 260. Do you still have this pic? It's been pulled off this thread. Thank you! Cullen

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Cullen,

I do still have the pictures somewhere... sadly the webshots site shut down last year and all my old links are now broken. I can try and find the image for you. The metric gagues were on the french cars IIRC... not sure about the german ones.

The gauges are an inverse of the normal rootes ones.. the KPH are the larger outer numbers and the MPH smaller inner. IIRC they laso had flipped scales for the water and fuel... but dont hold me to the last part without me seeing if i can dig the info up.

Warren

Gold forum user
Our German Buddy

Vinreeb has a Alpine 260 I cant recall his forum name.

Ha ha senior moment ..

Last edited:

Vinreeb

Silver forum user
MPH-Tach

Hi Guys,
Im very sorry but I guess cant really help you.
I have got an Alpine 260, but it is Special in some ways... because it has an LRXFE suffix... the Tachometer is in MPH, there is a Km/h scale, but just a small one. I believe its the same tach as the regular tigers have.

I will ask in the german Forum if someone has a Picture of a Km/h tach :)

Greetings from Germany,
Thibaut

tiger260

Gold forum user
David Duncanson who is on here posted a pic on Facebook of what you may be looking for.

It was removed from Facebook for some reason but If you PMed him on here he may be able to help you out.

Alpine260

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Cullen,

I do still have the pictures somewhere... sadly the webshots site shut down last year and all my old links are now broken. I can try and find the image for you. The metric gagues were on the french cars IIRC... not sure about the german ones.

The gauges are an inverse of the normal rootes ones.. the KPH are the larger outer numbers and the MPH smaller inner. IIRC they laso had flipped scales for the water and fuel... but dont hold me to the last part without me seeing if i can dig the info up.

Thank you Michael. When I bought my car it had aftermarket dash and gauges. I believe my car is a german market car, but I cannot be certain, and the information seems scattered. I've been lightly researching for years and its hard to make confident heads or tales of the data. unfortunately I cant track down enough owner history to really know.

Alpine260

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
David Duncanson who is on here posted a pic on Facebook of what you may be looking for.

It was removed from Facebook for some reason but If you PMed him on here he may be able to help you out.

Thank you Vinreeb and Tiger260. ...I will PM David Duncanson and see whats available.

Vinreeb - You're car has LRXFE suffix but was definitely scripted as an Alpine 260 on the fenders? Interesting. I have heard of several configurations, but not this one. I am understanding that the LROFE could still have been badged a "Tiger" in Switzerland...but LROFE suffix cars would have been badged Alpine in France and Germany, due to the copy right issues with Messerschmitt and Panhard. Vinreeb - does your car have amber upper tail light lenses? Thank you for sharing. Its like putting together a puzzle with too many pieces missing. Even TBOB doesn't cover all the scenarios I have heard of.

Thank you guys, any thoughts are hugely appreciated.

Cullen

Vinreeb

Silver forum user
Pictures

A fellow Tiger owner, DJ from the sunbeamclub Germany gave me some pictures of his tach... and now I know of a second LRXFE Alpine 260...
:D seems like cars were sold and modified randomly in Continental europe.. maybe because the LROFE built were too few at some times and requestet demand was satisfied with LRXFE cars modified more or less for the sale.

My car hast Red upper lenses and the MPH tach with Alpine 260 Badges all around. It was first sold in Aachen/Germany
DJs Alpine 260 is Euro-spec all around but has a LRXFE Suffix too and was first sold in France.

18854873jb.jpg

18854874kk.jpg

greetings,
Thibaut

Alpine260

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
sorry I just now got back to you. I thought the forum would notifiy me of the reply. thank you for getting these pics. the best detail I have seen yet of the KPH tach. I found out since our last discussion that my car (LROFE) definitely had MPH - dominate tach...but it also had amber upper lenses....and Alpine 260 scripts. So...I totally agree with your last post. It kinda seems like configurations could STILL vary within the LROFE or LRXFE designation. thank you for sending this.

Cullen