Goodwood revival

steven

Gold forum user
Sorry, didn't tape it. Our channel 1 had the 2011 Goodward revival on today. A Tiger Lemans was doing very good in the rain, at one stage was 3rd, had a big spin out but recovered to make 6th behind some GT40's and ferrari types. They said the cars competing were valued at 100 million pounds. The other highlight was the 8 spitfires flying over with a Landcaster Bomber as well. :D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Cal44

Gold forum user
I think it wonderful how many of the folks dress up in period clothing for the Goodwood.

For years I have been threatening to attend.

Lucky for me Classic and Sportscar has a nice section on the event every year.

Imagine flying all that way and it raining all weekend to dampen the spirits. It is so rare, rain in the U.K.

Mike

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
That event is on my bucket list--I have my passport, now just need the money.....haha

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'll pass on the plane knowledge, but the RAC TT doesnt run GT40's.. they are in the Whitsun Trophy against the lola T70's and WSC cars.

The daytona cobra that won certainly dominated this year.. the Tiger did very well, but the feild didnt have the fast lightweight e-types (especially the adrian newey ownder/developed one) as they had their own race for their 50th birthday. I think it also helped that this year the lister had 2 experienced tiger racers driving who understand the car.. Aussie Vern Shuppan has raced it in its previous 2 TT's and i got to speak to him about it earlier this year.. he likes the car.. but certainly implied it wasnt the best handling.