Help with Tiger History

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi All

Thought I would try to track back the lineage and history on my Tiger if I can. I have alredy tracked it back to Florida in the mid-90s but the trail went cold because the owner at that time has since passed on.

I now think it might have been a California car early in its life based upon a note Norm Miller had in the registry which I had not noticed previously.

At one point the car had CA license Number CATNO33...probably in the 70s or 80s. The first 2 owners were R. Collier and R. White.

Hoping maybe somebody (especially you guys on the West Coast) might recognize the lincense number or owners' names.

ID# is B9470033FE. Original color was red, although it was white at the time it was restored in 2000.

Any info would be appreciated. I am especially interested in any photos.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to all.

Jim

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I would think Norm would have the info--recently I asked where my first Tiger was and he knew it was in SoCal. I bought this car around 1981 and sold it around 1983. Good luck with your search.

segrave

Gold forum user
Staff member
CAT Member
Finding current location of an old car is much easier than finding original owner. I had the name of my cars first owner and its original registration. I knew he had been in the Air Force in Germany where the car was probably bought and that he was a musician at an air base in Texas when he sold it but could never find the guy. Good luck, I think most original owners have died unless they were under 25 at time of purchase.

Warren

Gold forum user
Who has the old mailing lists?

Might be a good idea if the gurus of the club have the data as to old snail mail listing of CAT members.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I have most of my old Tiger Tales from the early/mid/late 80's still, not sure if they would help.

Warren

Gold forum user
Clear

Maybe I was not clear. Whoever has been the person responsible for mailing out the Tiger tails news letter has or had a mail list. I am sure not all of them had a car, but it is worth a shot.

FYI the Craigs list Cat in San Diego had some Tiger tales in his notebook of recpts.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I too was curious what happened to my 1st Tiger. Norm said it is in the San Diego area, when I sold it there were solid flares on it, I made a custom aluminum dash panel and the firewall was cut out for weber carbs. I sold it in the mid 80's and it was painted red after that, it also had a hardtop that had vinyl top material on it. I thought I sold it to a man named Chuck Dale or something like that. Thanks.

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
Back in the 70's, when I first joind CAT, there used to be a club roster. It listed all the members. I dont remember if VIN's were listed too. Unfortunalty I cant find any mine, I have all my Tiger Tales, but no rosters. Maybe some other long time member might have some of the old rosters, and maybe the vins are listed.