What the well-dressed Tiger owner wears

Seabrook

Silver forum user
I am not sure whatever happened to the Tiger e-mail list but some of you may remember, perhaps in 1995 or so I postulated to the group that I thought it would be interesting to have a Tiger-motif necktie. With some interest expressed, I corresponded with motorsports artist Dennis Simon a bit and the bottom threshold for a customer tie was fifty units and not cheap at that quantity. As I could not get commitments for even half of that, I gave up -- in retrospect, I probably should have self-funded the order although I'd still be trying to move them on eBay even now.

So, I've been going to the office with my collection of perhaps 35 ties, everything from racing Volvos to OSCAs.

A couple of months ago, I got one of those mail-order catalogs (we're awash in them) for just about anything personalized. Buried on page 20 or so was a necktie with a repeat-pattern image the buyer uploads onto their site. Intruiged, I tried to order one but they could not handle a "landscape" format image, the intent was apparently for "portait" images on one's grandchildren, etc. Drat! A few days later, I did a simple search for "photo necktie" and immediately found another supplier, no problems and had the tie in a few days. It's "polycotton", not silk, and just one Tiger repeated (mine!) instead of a collage, but it looks nice.

The supplier now has a Tiger logo image I had sent to them and I hope my wife gets the hint and a Tiger wristwatch will be under the Christmas tree. Shoot, I'd buy a Tiger bathroom-tissue cozy if bringing one home wouldn't result in divorce proceedings.

Posted in case anyone wanted such a thing and it had not occurred to them to try this route.

Seabrook

Silver forum user
I know this is old but was there ever a web site offered with this post??

No, and I had forgotten I had even posted it. Alas, I have to report that the owner of the one-woman imprinted-products company shortly thereafter closed it down. There must be 1000's of such companies -- Zazzle is probably making life tough for them, although an independent might be more flexible and creative.

Alas, I have to confess that today, I'm wearing a History of BMW tie (327, 2002, 3.0CSL, 507, others); even though I've never owned a BMW.