For Sale 12/26/2011

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What a great looking car.. but i'd really love to see some more pictures of it... seems a little under represented. Some more interior shots, boot and under the car would be nice. The 1 overall shot of the body is also not a great pic.. some of each side and closeups of sills.. etc..

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
crumbled ID plate, wrong rivets, square doors and an E-coast car with no rust !?- Hmmm ...

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bernd,

the bonnet and doors looked to be round corneres to me.. but not great pics, also has the non GT doors whihc would be right for a early B947 car... are there other pics.. the body looked correct for the VIN from what i could see.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
tiger

anyone in tigers east that has been around for the last twenty to thirty years will tell you that andrea took great care of this car when she owned it. it is just what you see, an unmolested tiger that was treated with the best care any tiger could receive. you can talk about all the problems with it that you want but it's not an alger nor has it ever been mistreated or abused. i'm sure we have photos of it dating back to the eighties.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Probably in the front left wheel well, that was a popular place for them when they get relocated.

Mine is mounted in the front wheel well, but its more likely it has the 90deg adaptor that come off the block that many people use.. just bolts right on and no lines needed.

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
Does'nt "unrestored" mean the way it came off the showroom floor? If you move the oil filter, then its not showroom correct, right?

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
I could read unrestored as maybe minor fix/changes but not as original.

Interesting that the "key" tag with 2 removable screws was painted over but the other 2 riveted tags appear that they could have been removed.

Here in Calif. if the VIN appears to have been removed and the car gets impounded for some reason there is a very good chance it'll get crushed. Because of the painted over tag to my unqualified eye it appears that it may have been repainted maybe the original color. What if the car was repainted a different color which could be seen going under the tags but appears to have proper rivets?

I had my old British bike in storage for years and it fell off the DMV's books and had to take it to the Highway Patrol to get it authenticated before I could get it registered again. They questioned the location of the VIN stamped into the frame and even suggested it could have been stolen before I bought it.

I was fortunate to have a book with photo of VIN location but with a Sunbeam its all up to how sharp and knowledgeable the inspector.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
for sale

this is a real nice tiger. i believe it may have been at the bash in 2004 that the previous owner was hit by another car. again, i'm not sure of the date but i think it happened one of the years we had the bash at tiger tom's. anyway, if i remember correct the damage was repaired by scott woerth. there is nothing to doubt on this tiger. i asked the seller if it belonged to andrea hellings of the philadelphia area. his response was YES. this was always a nice tiger that she and her mother drove to many te/ae uniteds. she also had a modified tiger that had a tiger hand painted on the underneath side of the hood. andrea was an officer of te/ae for many years. if you want a great tiger, i'd buy this one. it's an original.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
for sale

wern't the JAL /SAL tags all painted? the SAL tags on every original alpine i've had were painted body color.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
If a car has been in an accident, can you call it unrestored? No matter who fixed it.

Hard to say... :confused:

re·pair 1 (r-pâr)
v. re·paired, re·pair·ing, re·pairs
v.tr.
1. To restore to sound condition after damage or injury; fix:

re·store (r-stôr, -str)
tr.v. re·stored, re·stor·ing, re·stores
1. To bring back into existence or use; reestablish: restore law and order.
2. To bring back to an original condition

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
To me if I hear "unrestored" I think of a car that still wears all factory paint, int, etc.....

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Words

Like beauty .. restored is in the eye of (context) of the beholder.

In the Tiger community "restoration" is more likely to result in a personalized or even much more modified state. The terms "ground up" or "rotisserie" are often associated with the "restoration". Restoration implies the whole car was restored. TigerBlue went through a restoration in the early 90's by prior owner. Not a rotisserie? but body, engine and interior like new, not original or stock. Although the exterior is stock. Lots of miles later including open track and two SUNI's. To call it "restored" is misleading.

Refurbished is to me defining a partial restoration like new glass, engine rebuild or maybe just the interior and dash. Original may mean most of the Tiger is as it came from the factory. Our black Tiger was very original when purchased. Much was as is from the factory. Interior and engine but it had been painted twice. And it looks much different (better) today but it is not "restored". With few exceptions though it shows better than the above restoration!

Rick

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Like beauty .. restored is in the eye of (context) of the beholder.

Rick

I always liked the word "unmolested"; to indicate normal repairs over the years of miles & age, and not doing anything that would modify what it came with. Unlike our original Tiger, which has only 63xxx miles but every pea- pickin' thing on or in it has been "massaged", replaced or changed. The value is personal and historic, but nothing I could represent to a buyer. There are a couple of truely original Tigers not that far from me, properly cared for & loved by their original owners. I have warned the bride that if even the slightest hint of one of them becoming available . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Restored or not this specific VIN is known to Norm´s Registry but listed as a Texas car :eek:
Pretty strange for a vehicle which is said to have always stayed at the E-coast. I remain curious...