heater valve and bellows value

leepear

Gold forum user
I am a new member so I am not sure of the protocol of a what is the value of question. If not kosher please just let me know.

I have a NOS in the original box 1967 Tiger Smiths heater valve 1104 1235665 and a pair of in the Chrysler wrapper 67 tiger rubber bellows 5042787. Not sure if they are still available or discontinued. Tried to post a picture but it didn't work. Will need to sell them and would like an opinion of the value. I was told the water valve was for a 67 tiger. Not sure how to post a picture but it is not like my 1965 heater valve. I bought it hoping it would work on my car and not even close. I need one for my 65 so please direct me to a source for the original for my car. Thanks for your help.

Lee

Last edited:

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Hi Lee, have a look at my heater valve listing in the "Parts for Sale" section. It is for a Alpine I-IV and early tiger and is still available. PM me if interested.

Thanks, Gene

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The MKII style heater valves are also correct for SV Alpines, they were NLA for a very long time, recently there has been a company making repros for MGC's that work for the alpines/Tigers.. though they require a small mod. Those are in the $50-60 range.

The best place for a NOS bit price wise is ebay.. let people bid it out.. not the best move on a sunbeam community level... but is your part.

The other option.. if you are in need of the early style valve they are repro'ed and available from the sunbeam suppliers.. or offer to swap your NOS one with a NOS one for your car...

just thoughts.

leepear

Gold forum user
I would rather sell it to someone on this site with a restored or mint original Tiger and keep it within this community. That is the reason for the inquiry. Not interested in a bidding war for a rare part.

I just restored a rare oldsmobile and at the end of the process needed a NOS top radiator hose. The reproductions are different than the originals. I willingly paid a high price to get the correct part I needed. Didn't feel ripped off because my car is over the top and needed that part. So I understand how first this is a part that is noticeable when you open the hood of a Tiger and that it should go to someone that really needs the part for a nice car.

Thanks for the input. Lee

leepear

Gold forum user
Was just informed by Rick that since I am new and have not joined yet I need to take it off the site and don't have the privilege to sell or have this discussion yet. Sorry about breaking the rules that I should have read.

Lee

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Marketplace

To clarify for all:

Happy New Year!

Check the note below the "Marketplace" heading: "Ads may be placed by members of CAT only and are subject to approval."

The implication of this is if you have something you want to sell? check out CAT Membership, http://catmbr.org/member1.htm, Together with your user name... as a CAT Member you get the privilege to post ads in the Marketplace. Members also get the newsletter, TigerTales.

It is not about the money. CAT's annual cost per Member is about the same as annual dues. CAT has no paid positions on the Board of Directors, Parts Department or Chair positions. It is about Sunbeams and owners.

All Marketplace postings are "Moderated" to allow an "Admin" to confirm that they are on topic and posted by an active Member. A Marketplace posting does not appear for viewing until approved.

Again Happy New Year and thank you all for your continued and growing participation which has made our Forum successful.

Rick
CAT WWW
CAT Treasurer