Tigers on Craigslist

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I love the factory radio consoule in the car... they installed it upside down! :D:D

5L25Na5Jc3L23J93N4c1sd25950ce07831c8e.jpg

Seems like a decent project at a very fair price.. would be well worth a look for someone close.... why is it that craigslist cars never give the VINs?

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
The first two are worth taking a look at, the third is a decent price, but does not seem like a killer deal.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I always chuckle at the descriptions... "Rust free example that could be for restoration, or make it a driver, the only rust, is in the trunk,"...

Rust free... except for the rusty bits?? lol

It 'could' be a steal at that price...;) hope someone from here gets a better look at it

Jim
B382000446

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Photos from 2004?

Hilarious? Michigan Tiger; The best the seller could post were fotos with a date taken in 2004? Or not "tech savy" enough to change the date on his camera?

And a 1965 "NOT A NEW CAR" No S%#&*.

Rick

Warren

Gold forum user
Craigs Cat

The seller says he does not know how to change the date on his camera, bet his VCR is blinking 1200 too,
No, not really he seems to be a straight up car guy, I talked to him on Jan 10th.
My pal has a car coming back from the Detroit car show in late Feb if he would wait I told him I would have a look then. It sounds pretty rusty though, a car that I would never buy with out a few hours poking with a ice pick.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I think we are a little spoiled here in California--anything more than a small hole and we call it a rust bucket..haha. I know I stray away from them, yet friends in the mid west get excited if the floors still have a little metal in them, they call them easily fixable, a great find. :(

dude234

Gold forum user
The Tiger listed from Michigan is not on the Michigan Craigslist. That seems strange to me. Maybe he thinks you California guys will buy sight unseen and have it shipped since he is asking $7000.

Warren

Gold forum user
Model T

I think we are a little spoiled here in California--anything more than a small hole and we call it a rust bucket..haha. I know I stray away from them, yet friends in the mid west get excited if the floors still have a little metal in them, they call them easily fixable, a great find. :(

Hardly we just do not define rust in the same way the Model T guys do No holes is no rust.

That said is is also had to take second had reporting of a "rebuilt" motor especially with the word of a dead person being quoted.
With all being fair in Love and War, and used cars nothing but personal inspection will do and sometimes sellers object when I pull out my Buck Knife and ice pick, worried about me scratching the dents or the paint on the surface rust.

I know you are kidding, but it is us Southern Calif. guys that are the spoiled ones seen lots of No. Cali brown Gold, I mean rust.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
A car from the valley is usually ok, it's when you get into the foothills and coastal regions that the rust issue surfaces. It's all in how the car was stored and cared for. I have a friend selling a 65 Tbird convertible right now, always a California car but sat outside with no top for years, the floors are gone, but the rest of the car is rust free. Strange.