Crossover cars and Ebay car

Warren

Gold forum user
Interested to know some of the finer details,,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#v4-47

Comments on this car.. as for the lots of nice patina on this one even on the rivets.

I have seen a later vin that has some square corners and crossover early parts like tin top cover.... etc.

Sorry my edit did not stick, my ? put differently, can a later car be a crossover with the elements of a crossover while this car does not have things like the hard metal top cover etc.

Thanks W.

Last edited by a moderator:

65Tiger

Bronze forum user
I am missing what you are calling a "crossover". The vin is 300 under mine and I see round corners everywhere like mine is. Were there any B947 crossovers? I thought it started with B382?

Rick

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Has potential but needs a full restoration. Whoever buys it will need another $20k to make it right.

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Has potential but needs a full restoration. Whoever buys it will need another $20k to make it right.

What !!! Twenty K won't even get the thing out of the body shop...much less
take care of the serious rust issues under the car which there are no pictures.
I doubt that eighty k will even do it justice.

Moondoggie

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Ouch!

What !!! Twenty K won't even get the thing out of the body shop...much less
take care of the serious rust issues under the car which there are no pictures.
I doubt that eighty k will even do it justice.

Moondoggie

Without a hands-on peek & see, it's a guessing game at the dollars, BUT, I agree that 20K is very very very optimistic for a re-hab.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I am missing what you are calling a "crossover". The vin is 300 under mine and I see round corners everywhere like mine is. Were there any B947 crossovers? I thought it started with B382?

Rick

Rick, the corss over body cars do start in the B94 series, the same time as the alpines become series IVA's. On the Tigers the B947 cars have the dquare bonnet and doors but round boot and have the GT interior with door top rolls and metal soft top covers.

The cross over body aslo runs into the early MKIA's and again SV Alpines, they still have the round boot but they gain the fresh air vents, ynil soft top cover and loose the lettering on the front.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
ok, maybe my estimate was a bit low, I guess I have a warped sense of judgement since my good friend owns a bodyshop and I get the "family" deal. :)

65Tiger

Bronze forum user
Rick, the corss over body cars do start in the B94 series, the same time as the alpines become series IVA's. On the Tigers the B947 cars have the dquare bonnet and doors but round boot and have the GT interior with door top rolls and metal soft top covers.

The cross over body aslo runs into the early MKIA's and again SV Alpines, they still have the round boot but they gain the fresh air vents, ynil soft top cover and loose the lettering on the front.

Thanks Micheal, I guess I left mine in storage way too long (30 yrs) and forgot some details.

Rick