Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Tigers Today 1801 to 2100

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Tigers Today 2101 or More

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
How many of the production Tigers (7,000+) have been able to avoid the crusher 45 years after the last one was produced?

This question has been posed many times to me. I do not know but often I will discuss an opinion. We all have one so I challenge the Forum Members to help form at least a consensus opinion as to the "number".

Vote in the "Poll" and let's see what might be the Surviving population.

Rick

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I used to 'guesstamite' around 2500...I think it might be a few more than that (not all runners, of course).

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
When do we get the "real" answer? :) I am sure there are plenty that are rusting away somewhere.

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If I remember correctly Norm listed more than 3500 identified Tigers worldwide. However afterwards he changed the format so difficult to track. Without counting would believe the total is coming close to 4000 nowadays...

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Range too limited

The votes are coming in and the early winner is way to the high side of the numbers in the Poll.

Bernd is right, if i had just checked Rootes.com I would have found the number over 3,000 accumulated in The Registry. "well over three thousand survivors."

The Poll should have included choice to over 4,000? Over 5,000?

Rick :eek:

Last edited:

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I would be curious how many Tigers will actually be insured and driven in 2012 ...

I live in B.C. in a small city of 20k... there are 4 Tigers here that I know about...

Mine will be driven this year and is insured year 'round ..It's a highly modified MK1A driver/mule '10 footer' ...

Of the other 3...

One is a very nice personalized MK 1 with new paint that I believe is totally roadworthy but to my knowledge hasn't been on the road for a few years

One is a highly modified MK1A 'resto-mod' that is about 2/3 through a multi year rebuild

The last one is a very restorable stock MK1A that has been sitting in a garage for at least the last 20 years

All 4 cars are known to Norm and registered... mine is 'TACed'

None are for sale...

Jim
B382000446

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
It's amazing how many are hiding in garages too. In the mid 80's I lived in Vacaville, a small town east of San Francisco, within a mile radius there were 5 running and driving Tigers. I still keep in touch with 1 owner, not sure what happened to the others.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm still good with 2500+ runners and somewhere north of 3000 for the total. If it was closer to 4000 worldwide, then a lot of people are driving around with :)smiles:) on their:)faces:)

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
More than 50% survivors is quite a remarkable figure anyway. Certainly many rebodies included but anyhow- smiles on many faces is for sure.
Based on our over the years experience would assume another 500 - 1000 project Tigers standing around in dark places or waiting for restoration somewhere ...

Warren

Gold forum user
So Cal. is thick with em

A neighbor has one in Torrance I can think of 5 within in a 6 mile radius in my hood. Not counting the other side of LAX and below Long Beach a 50% survival rate is not unexpected. Personally I'd like to see them all known by their state plate numbers or TAC # so as to not lead anyone into temptation.

steven

Gold forum user
I checked Normans register and there are supposed to be 98 in Aussie and 20 in NZ. :) Using that as a guide there must be 10 or 50 times that in the rest of the world.