Shopping ?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
OK troops; I'm out of NH and in San Diego haunting Smitty's bone yard of "Beam" treasures. Anyone wanting me to poke around for something special, speak now . . . . . .

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hunt & Peek

The man was not in residence today but I ain't giving up until my wish list is filled. The "hood" is still a risky spot to park.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
I spent lot of time there 1993-1995. It is a hood, but never had an issue. I thought that Smitty lived there, he did back then.

Tell him that Duke says hi and I have myself a proper Tiger now. He is a great guy and was a very patient teacher for a young Tiger owner.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Shopping Trip

I spent lot of time there 1993-1995. It is a hood, but never had an issue. I thought that Smitty lived there, he did back then.

Tell him that Duke says hi and I have myself a proper Tiger now. He is a great guy and was a very patient teacher for a young Tiger owner.

The man says Hi back at ya and remarked that you are too big to fit in these little cars. There are 2 very wounded tool straps in his inventory; one still has the steel tip and crimp rivets. His morgage is due and he wants $60.00 as is. My opinion would be to make a copy from the original and sell a few.
As to the hard top and carb filter, he will only sell those after he's dead. He is still the same wealth of knowledge Gepetto and an education to chat with.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Tell Smitty thanks but I was able to source a repro strap. Some day I will make it out there again to see him.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Agua meter

Mk1 water temp gauge??

The box full of water temp gauges does not have any healthy large numeral 11 gallon pieces. He admits to it being cheaper to have the usual instrument guys restore yours for you.

Growler

Gold forum user
looking for...

Don't know if you still have access....but I am looking for the hood pull handle and rod...
Josh

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
I notice the amp gauges are lucas, thats whats in my car, how hard is it to find a jaeger amp gauge? do they even exsit?

steven

Gold forum user
Now that you mention it, my Alpine has a VDO amp gauge, all the rest a Jaeger. My spare amp gauges are Lucas, don'y know whats in the Tiger, its buried somewhere in a pallet load of parts (in a marked box)

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
ASll alpines and tigers were offer with optional lucas ammeters.

SI/II alpine 30/30 white upward facing needle.
S3/IV alpine MKI Tiger 30/30 orange upward facing needle.
SV alpine MKII Tiger 35/35 orange upward facing needle.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
shipping

if the amp guage was dealer installed, it was whatever they had on hand or what the local parts store stocked. in the columbus area there seemed to be a lot of usage of stewart warner guages.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
wasnt an amp gauge standard in the MK2? What type were they?

Here's pics of a few gauges...

Not sure about 'standard, but first pic is the Tiger MKII / Alpine Series V

second pic has Tiger MK1/1A - Alpine Series 3/IV front left, Alpine series I/II front right and a couple other variations of Lucas amp meters behind

third pic is a Sunpro voltmeter that was fitted with a re-lettered 'Jaeger' face and bezel !! That's an Autometer tach beside it with a 'Jaeger' face also...:cool:

Jim
B382000446

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
LUCAS AMPS

I notice the amp gauges are lucas, thats whats in my car, how hard is it to find a jaeger amp gauge? do they even exsit?

You had me curious, so I dug into my original dash items box and the dealer installed the Lucas in 1965. For fussy restorations, we have sent out the gauges to Peter N. and he will convert the face to Jaeger so all the items across the dash match. Purrrrfect workmanship, but $$$$.

Warren

Gold forum user
CAT club amp gauges

So how do the CAT club ones stack up in real life? A picture tell a 1000 words but how do they look in real life?

Interested in having a amp meter as long as I have the OG generator in the car.. she make a little bearing noise that goes away when warm.
When I get some audio in the car I will never hear it....