Nothing Sacred ?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Returned from the left coast to find 2 of the barns had been raided. Many processed and fully restored Tiger/Alpine brake & suspension components, along with Tiger drive train stock and many new custom repair panels. All in as new condition. We would be very interested in having an intimate conversation with anyone who may have picked up a "windfall" of goodies.

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
That sucks

Since Sunbeam parts have a "limited" market, hopefully if they try to sell some of the stuff you , other Sunbeam owners,or the cops, will catch them. Maybe the Sunbeam owners around the world can keep an eye out for some of your stuff. I know you got some good stuff, its too bad their are ripoffs everywhere.

tiger260

Gold forum user
Ah Randy, so sorry to hear that.

I'm an old fashioned sort when it comes to things like this. They should chop their hands and bollocks off.

If you want to pm or e-mail me a more detailed list of the parts, I'll keep an eye on Ebay on this side of the pond if you like.
You never know.

Moondoggie

Gold forum user

Randy that really sucks !!! People who break in and steal your stuff are the lowest form of life...I have a security system in my shop that is on at all times
when I am not there and the police can get there within 10 minutes. I also have signs posted around the shop " protected by Smith and Wesson size 44 feel lucky today ??"

I'll keep an eye out for stuff on ebay for you.....

Moondoggie

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
sacred

you wonder why! there were a few of us that got ripped off at a sunbeam meet in 2009. i lost some small nos parts but others lost some more expensive parts. no excuse!

tiger260

Gold forum user
I don't know what it is like on that side of the pond but over here at the moment there is a plague of anything metallic being stolen to be weighed in as scrap.

Lead from church roofs, gas piping, electrical cables from hospitals, bronze plaques on war memorials...absolutely anything.

It just shows that there is no limit to how low some people will go, and then when they are caught, expect the protection of the law to be processed and treated like human beings.
Sorry, went off on one there.

The sad thing is, it could have been your kind thread on here that alerted the scum bags that you were away for a while.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Unbelieveable

Randy

Really sorry about the loss. Perhaps it might be worthwhile posting the lost items on all the forums, newsletters, and Tiger List. Did the drive train components have any SNs? Maybe somebody in the community will notice something that will allow law enforcement to pick up the scent and help catch the #$%&*^%$#@.

Jim

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Call all of the scrap yards in your area and have them keep a look out! Do this like yesterday!

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Absolutely notify the scrappers!

Some of the scrap metal buyers set stuff aside (Catalytic Converters?) for a period of time and withhold payment to the possible thief.

Please do provide a list of the major items. post here and I will bring it to the attention of TT Editor.

Rick

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Man, that SUCKS!!!

Randy.. man that's terrible...!:mad::mad: I haven't had anything like that happen for 20+ years but I still remember the feeling of being VIOLATED... let alone the actual loss !!

I'd be on the TEAE forum, too as they're a little closer to your neck of the woods...spread the word... Let's get them b*st*rds!!

Jim

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
With Gratitude

Many thanks for all the comments and private E-mails. We have very strong law enforcement connections from our weapons research days and with the items being so specific to our hobby, any attempt to market should stick out like a bright flare. . . . .It is a bit difficult to have civilized thoughts, however. Again, thanks for all your concerns and help.

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I am really sorry to hear about this. I will keep an eye out down here in the SE and spread the word at our Sunbeam gathering later this month. Eric

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Why are people so mean? Sorry to hear about this, will keep an eye open out west for any large sum of Sunbeam parts for sale.

allfudge

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Another search option

Randy,

One more site(s) to monitor is Craigslist. You can search all Craigslist locations by using Search Tempest, makes it a lot easier to cover North America and elsewhere. Category would be auto parts - all. What a bitch!

chirodoc

Gold forum user
Nothing sacred

Along with Tempest website formerly mentioned there is " ALLOFCRAIGS LIST" FOR CARS AND PARTS.

dude234

Gold forum user
I would suspect anyone that has visited your barns in the past year. Look for someone local who is watching your property and know when you are gone.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
FOUND IT ALL

A sharp young trooper 3-States away noticed something and now I get to burn some gas on ID and recovery. In keeping with how well the legal system protects the "alleged bad guys", all details and names are silent. My generation had a much more personal approach to a solution, but my thanks go out to the young man for taking note. . . . . . . .

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
That is outstanding Randy !!!! Let the law take care of the thief and post
some details when you can.

Moondoggie