2012 AU F1 GP V8 supercars

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Love watching the V8 Supercars--they usually play here late at night in the winter as filler. I used to pull for Marcos Ambrose, now he is my favorite Nascar driver--thanks for sharing him with us.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
While i'm not a huge fan of my local series, the V8's are good racing and i always watch the bathurst 1000 race, they do produce good racing...

however next year they are sadly going down the nascar path.. nissan is joining and they are to become a pure silhouette series. they will all have the same motor a 4.6 quad cam v8 i have heard.. same engine in all cars holden, ford and nissan.... i hope they at least keep the bodies unique and in close contact with the road cars.. its the thing i cant stand about nascar... they look like the bodies you slot on old remote control cars.. they bare no realtion to the cars they are meant to be....

rant over..

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Nascar has gotten a lot of complaints from fans over that, so now they are trying to make them look more like the cars on the street. I like the Mustang they use in the lower series along with the Challenger.

28i3n09.png

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user
While i'm not a huge fan of my local series, the V8's are good racing and i always watch the bathurst 1000 race, they do produce good racing...

however next year they are sadly going down the nascar path.. nissan is joining and they are to become a pure silhouette series. they will all have the same motor a 4.6 quad cam v8 i have heard.. same engine in all cars holden, ford and nissan.... i hope they at least keep the bodies unique and in close contact with the road cars.. its the thing i cant stand about nascar... they look like the bodies you slot on old remote control cars.. they bare no realtion to the cars they are meant to be....

rant over..

Michael,

I still miss the group A racing when they used to race production cars. I have fond memories of Brockie driving the arse of his Commodore over the top of the mountain. Hard charging Falcons, BMWs, the V12 Jags and then the turbo's.

I hope they still need to mantain the power to body origins. One engine for all is BS.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Mal,

You should browse the Phillip Island pics i posted.. the old group A/C cars were running there and also ran as a support race at the GP this year. I didnt take pics at the Gp as i did at PI.. they had the walkinshaw TWR XJS, Starion turbos, jimmy richards JPS 6 series BMW, JPS M3's, Sierra Cossies, Nissan GTSR's, GTRS including godzilla's and TWR walkinshaw comodores... they are good fun to watch... but make me sad.. when thet started in historics 2 years back it was weird... was the first time i saw cars that i remember watching when new... in historics.... means im getitng old! :eek:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Today while at Walmart they had a new Hot Wheel--it was the Ford from the V8 Supercars, pretty cool. Of course I had to get it, I blamed it on my son.