Bidding???

Growler

Gold forum user
I am wondering if I am bidding on an e-bay item (hood rod) against any of you. I have found that those on this BB have been most helpfull and don't want to get into a bidding war ;-)

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I am wondering if I am bidding on an e-bay item (hood rod) against any of you. I have found that those on this BB have been most helpfull and don't want to get into a bidding war ;-)

It's a good community, i'm on the other side of the globe and i value my membership and help i get from the forum so i support the club. You have done quite well for assistance from it.. perhaps time to join CAT? ;) ... .

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hey Josh, missed that in the "tales" good work! We'll have to get the webmaster to update your profile :D

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
CAT Membership and the profile of Forum users

FYI

Perhaps there are more C.A.T. Members who do not have that indicated in their Forum Profile?

Let me know and I will correct that. The fact is we try to ID new Forum users but often do not have enough information. Forum users can enjoy the Forum while keeping their names, homes, and C.A.T. membership private.

The flip side is trying to determine if a new Member of C.A.T. has an existing user name?

If your profile is not correct? (and you want it correct?) let me know. Easy to confirm and fix.

The only area of the Forum limited to Members of C.A.T. is original threads in the MarketPlace.

Best wishes to all.

Rick
CAT WWW

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
I have been a member for quite awhile...up date me and I'll buy you a drink at
Tigers united !!!...maybe two.....

Moondoggie

Growler

Gold forum user
OK so this item (the hood pull rod/handle) is advertised as a Alpine Mk2 hood puul brackets with hood pull rod...my question is, Is a hood pull rod from a Mk2 Alpine the same as for a Tiger Mk1a? Thanks, Josh

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Josh,

As you havent posted a link i'll have a crack from your description. I would guess they are reffering to a Series II Alpine bonnet (hood) pull? This will be a metal rod with a T handle. The MKIA's as per series V Alpines use a Cable operated pull with T handle.

Now as to if the metal rod will work for a later car.. yes they can ne made to work, and people do this as a safetly system as cables if they break make it very hard to open the bonnet.

Growler

Gold forum user
Thanks Michael. My early Mk1A currently has the rod/T handle. The handle has cracked and I am looking to replace it but it seems fused to the rod so I thought I would just swap out the rod assemble (not the dash brackets). So I was wondering if the Aplines and the Tigers (specifically the Alpine Mk 2 as advertised and my Mk1A Tiger) use the same assemly. This is the link.http://www.ebay.com/itm/25103251973...IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&autorefresh=true

Thanks,
Josh

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
bidding

there were many series 5 alpines and MK1 A tigers that used the rod to open the hood latch. the cable for the hood release came late in series 5 production. the series 2 rod should be the same.