Alger?

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Curious

Being in LA someone should take a look? B9473486 is not "known" in Vol 1 BON.

Could be what can be called a re-bodied Tiger. Possibly a totaled Tiger's running gear, VIN and a SV Alpine "united". Jensen build date of May 1965 would explain the early Tiger "Sunbeam" trim. "GT" trim and later model square corners are possibly from a donor parts car? Alpine or Tiger.

"This has to be one of the rarest examples having not been hit in the front. Most Tigers, as you know, have all had accidents in the front.":rolleyes:

Someone (closer than me) go take a look.

Rick

Last edited:

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
The Registry

As I understand? The Registry includes all reported survivors but.. is it TAC'd? I guess yes? NOT

That said this car in road worthy condition might be a lot of automotive fun.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Looking at the exhaust cut outs under the car makes me wonder if it was drag raced, but could you imagine trying to crawl under there to unbolt them?

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
Im curious about the tranny tunnel, there dosnt seem to be the access plate, also the winshield bottle is on the wrong side, or was that where the RHD ones went? Doesnt look like the mounts for the overflow tank were ever there either. BUT there ARE two sets of exaust hangers underneath. Also the rootes badge, Isnt the chrome strip supposed to be in the middle? (My car doest have badges to compare) NOW about a month ago a MK2 was for sale, all kinds of re body work ect, the TAC inspectors said IT was real.
http://catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=1243 So what are the expert going to say about this one.

Warren

Gold forum user
Lots of questions

Hardware store riveted vin tag and a carelessly miss laid washer bottle do not an Alger make. The hack out for the trans and some of the underpinnings are questionable. What a mess though. Seen other Tigers with battery box conversions. You do not have to flog a Tiger too hard to tip a non stock size battery.
The date of issue of the Cali. Tag and the sticker is in line with a 90's DMV issue. Too bad it takes months to get an inf 70 form from DMV.
Anyone interested and too far away can PM me and I will go see and shoot any areas they deem questionable. I am cheap I would almost pay to go see,it myself....

tiger260

Gold forum user
I'd say that looks pretty real to me, certainly enough to want a closer look.

The brackets for the header tank are there, they just blend in with the rest of the crud.
The access plate in the trans tunnel is there too, just blending in with the rest of the rust.
I think it would be a lot more difficult to fit one without the access plate tbh.

If that is an Alger, it was done a long, long time ago.