Car Selling Opinion Rules Advice

Cal44

Gold forum user
In the other groups and clubs of which I belong there is always talk on our websites concerning cars for sale, such as Ebay. One will ask a question or post a link to the car for sale and the many will chime in as to condition from an observed picture/s. Is this something I can do without offending the administrators of this wonderful site.
It helps potential buyers here by pointing to the bad and helping to avoid a nasty mistake.

For instance, there is a red Tiger for sale on Ebay now.

Here is an example. Last week I found a Porsche 356 on Craigslist and it also was on Ebay. I posted and it turned out the car has a flat sheetmetal floor.
Far from correct. For the untrained this could be a disaster. We exposed the problem and saved one of our own from the mistake.
Think of it as support group. Am I over stepping?
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

pjmotorsports

Bronze forum user
i am no admininister but i would thank someone to no end if they saved me from buying a tigerized alpine..i would think general discussion would be welcomed as far as sunbeams for sale goes..and for the most of us we know the difference between junk and concours,,but there are also alot of people who dont and for that sake a little help or someones input would be very helpful..even more so when your about to buy a car sight unseen from an online seller..keep in mind there are alot of people buying tigers for the first time and if they started off getting ripped off, or sold something that wasnt what it is supposed to be, that could ruin a first timers experience with our hobby..so i say the more info the better