BON help

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
If you have a BON, could you please verify some numbers for me?
Vin B3820002631 LRXFE
7128 B19KC
JAL - 662639
V.C. sticker - C4PZ-6001-CF SO2632
Motor Build date - 3J10W, the starter is still in so I cant see the casting #, but it looks like it ends in F. Probably not the original motor.
Trans - HEHE 016361
Rear End - J66 6357

Thanks, F.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I believe you have one too many zeros in your vin #...

Your engine # checks out.
Your trans # checks out.
Your rear end # checks out.
Your JAL # is withheld in BON, so can't verify- looks like there might have been a correction based on the Jensen ledgers.

Owner is listed as 'F'rank.

Warren

Gold forum user
Motor

Motor Build date - 3J10W

From what I was told from Ron Fraser from a brother Tiger site the 1st number is 3 for the last number for the year. Next number Alpha A =1 B =2....for month
then numeric date or October 10th. and the last initial is the inspectors ID.

I have a 5K14M 0n my car with a period dated Fairlane distributor.

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
The lettering goes from A to M. The letter I is not used. That makes J the
9th letter, or Sept., so the motor build date was Sept. 10, 1963.

Warren

Gold forum user
My bad

Do not remember that I was not used in the month counting. At the end of the day Tiger registry do not have records of the actual build date of the motors from my conversations with them, fly cut the blocks head 1 time and the numbers go away. We are lucky that the SO number was filled within a range of dates that would include a proper dated block.

I was just trying to help with your questions.

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
And I thank you for your help.

I was under the impression Sunbeam got the motors from Ford in "batches", and each batch had it's own build date. Some time this month Im going to remove the headers and starter. Then I will be able to see the casting #.

As a side note with the headers off, I'll be able to see how they fit on GT40p heads.