Two Big Sunbeam Events Back to Back in October!

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This year you can attend two major Sunbeam events during October-and both are in Tennessee!
The Tigers East/Alpines East United will be in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee October 4th - 8th. http://www.rootesamerica.org/
The Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America's Invasion is October 11th-14th in Nashville, Tennessee. http://www.sunbeaminvasion.com/
Does anyone plan on doing both?
Eric

Last edited:

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
events

we plan on being at both events. we just need to find a way to kill 4 days between the two meets. do you think bonnie might want to tour the outlet malls with jean?

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hey Bob-there are plenty of great driving roads around there and I am sure we can find a few to keep busy for 4 days! Eric

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
events

eric,
i had the same thought. what better way to break in the series 4 than cruising the mountains.

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just added links to both events. There will be a Tail of the Dragon drive on Friday at the United! Check those brakes out first..............Eric

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Swap meet at the United!

I am organizing the swap meet to be held at this year's TE/AE United. Anyone registered for the United can send me a PM to let me know how many tables they will need. We will have a designated parts room and it will be open as much as possible during the United. Hanging out in the parts room is always lots of fun as well as seeing and meeting the buyers and sellers of these great Rootes parts! There will also be Rootes literature for sale as well as club regalia. So bring a trunkload of parts (no greasy ones please!) and come join us at the United this year. Eric

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
TAC session at the United

There will be a TAC session for Sunbeam Tigers at the TE/AE United this October.
Please let me know if you plan on having your Tiger TAC'ed and I will add you to the list. Thank-you, Eric

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The deadline for a lower cost registration has passed for the TE/AE United this October but you have until September 1st to register for the Invasion at a lower cost. Can't make both events? Try to make it to one or the other as these are the only large Sunbeam events on the East Coast this year! Your car does not run or it is too far to drive it there? Come anyway and meet some great people.
Eric

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
events

there are going to be several folks that are staying over for both events. what started out as two couples staying over in the smokies until the invasion the next weekend has now grown to several couples. be on the look out wednesday for the convoy of sunbeams heading west on I 40. eric, remember the hitch!

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
These events are coming up fast and the United will be a chance to have your Tiger TAC'ed! Eric

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Photos from Rootes United? TN

Must have been a great event. How about a report or two?

Rick

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
events

two weeks of fun despite the rainy, cold weather since last friday. the temp did get up to 80 today and the sun popped out in the afternoon, 36 cars at the united last week which included one talbot alpine, a husky,a harrington my 69 GT and pretty much a 50/50 mix of alpines and tigers. there were 26 alpines and tigers at the nashville brit show today. six of us stayed over in the smokies for three days. we found out that tiger tom is a wild man on go kart tracks. it's a shame we have to go home sunday.

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Six couples made it to both Sunbeam events. We had a great time and I am proud to say that I gave Tiger Tom a few good races at the go kart tracks. He was much better than I on the zip lines though....!
Five Tigers were TAC'ed at the United. We also learned that the Smokey Mountains are not the place to be when the leaves are changing as every tourist within a 4 state area likes to come and slowly drive in the mountains-and then fill up all of the local roads so that getting across town was difficult. Frustrating when you are driving a Sunbeam. The Invasion in Nashville was interesting in that their car show was held along with the Nashville British Car club's annual show in a beautiful park. There were many rare British cars that joined our 26 Sunbeams at the show but we had the entire front area of the show and they had never seen so many Sunbeams in one place. Not one Sunbeam left on a flatbed but this Jaguar XJ220 did!
Next year's Sunbeam Invasion will be held in Columbia, South Carolina on April 5,6, and 7th. Come and join us! Eric

tundratiger67

Bronze forum user
Here are a few more pix. I could only attend the Invasion end of the week but enjoyed the time in Nashville and the car show on Saturday. Randy

Last edited: