Ouch....Tiger down

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
SOVREN05062012-1-3.jpg

Kissed a wall pretty good at Pacific Raceways in Auburn (SE of Seattle) during a SOVREN event this past weekend. Posted from a BMW board I frequent and they know I am a Tiger guy. Who is the poor sole?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Gerry Loeffler

From Tracy Skinner on the SACOA board....

At our SOVREN Vintage car race this last weekend. Gerry Loeffler, 1965 Tiger, #94. I was on Turn 2 of Pacific Raceways so did not see the accident which occurred on the opposite side of the track. Apparently, he came out of T8 which leads onto the straight after a kink at T9. Starting trailing huge amounts of smoke. Race control starting calling an emergency (Alert). At T9, according the calls, he spun at high speed and hit the wall hard. Gerry is okay as far as I understand it but the car heavily damaged. Not sure if cause was a blow tire and/or lunched motor. I hope he can repair, we will see. Gorgeous car.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I saw another Tiger in sad shape just outside of Willow Springs Raceway. I believe it used to belong to Jeff Queen; it was a great looking car before the wreck...here's a before picture of that car:

9gcxhh.gif
[/IMG]

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Soon? It's hard to remember but I think Queen's car crashed nearly a decade ago.

Hopefully Gerry will have better luck with his repairs.

bt

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I had a friend hit a guard rail around 1980 in his Tiger, the damage looked very similar. He finally sold the carcass last summer, never fixed it. The front looked just like this but it twisted the body pretty badly, the trunk didn't fit, doors would not shut--it was a mess.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A buddy of mine bought the motor out of the ex-Queen car for his vintge GT 350.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
video

If you go to 18:08 there is the incident with te tiger.. you see the poit where it has contacted the wall, must have thrown him right as he went round the right hander.. odd way to go off.. so assume mechanical failure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ht0zPu11Y

Also, what a great track.. real flowing 60's style.. pitty it has the 60's lack of run-off and not much in the way of sand traps, tyre barriers etc...

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
BTW, that crunched race Tiger at Willow Springs (minus engine) could probably be had for a song if someone is looking for a project...Dave Dralle Engineering (right outside the gate at Willow Springs).

Warren

Gold forum user
Clip

I have the front end, it also is a 66. It is in just outside of Palmdale. All I need is space at the pad at the beach. I have a song.

tigerracer

Silver forum user
Looked at the old Queen car after Steve Miller hit the wall in turn 4 with gas pedal stuck to floor. Good luck fixing that car.

hptiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
It is back Racing

From Tracy Skinner on the SACOA board....

At our SOVREN Vintage car race this last weekend. Gerry Loeffler, 1965 Tiger, #94. I was on Turn 2 of Pacific Raceways so did not see the accident which occurred on the opposite side of the track. Apparently, he came out of T8 which leads onto the straight after a kink at T9. Starting trailing huge amounts of smoke. Race control starting calling an emergency (Alert). At T9, according the calls, he spun at high speed and hit the wall hard. Gerry is okay as far as I understand it but the car heavily damaged. Not sure if cause was a blow tire and/or lunched motor. I hope he can repair, we will see. Gorgeous car.

Just a quick update. This car owned by Gerry made it back out to race again this year and looks Amazing

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Good to hear and see it's back in action. I like the metal panel behind the driver/passenger seats, gives it a sleek look.