MK 2 Original ???

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
E-Bay # 170841867202 (no affil). I asked for the verifying #'s and a couple of particular photos. No response, again . . . . . One would think that for MK 2 money, they would offer up all the numbers stuff pronto?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
mk2

randy,
maybe the owner is a person that is not aware of why some tiger owners want documented proof that it's an original so he won't give out mega info to the net. that's his call.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
the car is getting some discussion on the tigers list.. and there are many visual warning signs about its lineage.

As for the claims of originality by the vendor.. it's missing most of the external MKII specific parts...as for the 29K original miles.. as shown on the speedo.. pitty its a MKI Tiger speedo..

Lots of Tigers have detail changes, incorrect parts etc.. but htis one is showing some alpine spefici parts on a body level and its indentity problems seem more than "skin deep"

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Snapshots

the car is getting some discussion on the tigers list.. and there are many visual warning signs about its lineage.

As for the claims of originality by the vendor.. it's missing most of the external MKII specific parts...as for the 29K original miles.. as shown on the speedo.. pitty its a MKI Tiger speedo..

Lots of Tigers have detail changes, incorrect parts etc.. but htis one is showing some alpine spefici parts on a body level and its indentity problems seem more than "skin deep"

One of the pics I asked for was a vertical shot of the drivers (LHD) motor compartment inner fender area. There should be that little perch for the electronics in just the correct spot ??

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
Why do people try to misrepresnt their cars? Dont they know there are forums like this, with people that know whats what? And what about the buyers? As I posted before, they got to ask "Is this a matching numbers car". I thought E-bay required a VIN when selling a car. Plus arn't alot of the MK 2 parts missing, the VERY RARE stuff. like headlight rims, fender chrome trim, and wheres the clock?, and isnt that an Alpine fender brace on the passengers side.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
"This is a private listing and your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller."

I bet $1,000,000 that most of the bets are shill.

Warren

Gold forum user
Lots of the same

Never mind someone working to make a buck , but you suppose that waiting till you get it home and spruce it up to take proper pics might be a good idea?

How many of these cars had an f'ed speedo at one time or another.. ?

Private Listing.... one more reason to stay away. Like the regular auction practice isn't as frock with shill bidders enough. At least the regular auctions show how many bids a bidder has placed with a particular seller.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Being Careful

Norm had posted the VIN yesterday on the 'list' with this message...A.L.G.E.R.

I see the listing has now been pulled

Jim
B382000446

Exposing the dealership to potential tort issues only makes the lawyers happy . . . . .

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
Hooray!!!

I bet, if the bidders were real, this should make them happy, for all the money they saved. I wonder how long before we see this car back, hope they list it right next time. You know, Alpine conversion.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Right or wrong, this is the message I sent to the seller just before he posted the VIN:

Dear classicporsche123,
Nice Fake MKII, the word is out on several Tiger boards. Where is all of the hard to find MKII items - Headlight rims, fender chrome trim and clock? Why do you have a MKI speedo? Why is there an Alpine fender brace on the passenger’s side? Where is a pic of the VIN plate? Why don't you answer questions and requests for better pictures????

I know why, the car is for sure not a MKII and most likely not even a Tiger.

GLWS - too bad we have this thing called the internet now.

His reply -

Dear duke_fa57,

actually I was away for a few days and now getting back to my emails...I have posted the vin now on the listing-

classicporsche123

I don't buy that you put a car on ebay and then go out of town and don't check the auction.

I feel strongly about dealers selling fake cars because I bought a ALGER from a collector car dealership in downtown San Diego in 1994. It was sold to me as a Tiger and I paid $16K for it at the time. When I confronted the dealership, they told me that they sold it for a client and were not responsible for its authenticity. They would not give me the sellers info either.

tiger1.jpg

tiger2.jpg

Car is B3820000326 and was bought for salvage after I wrecked it in 1996. Norm knows about it.

Warren

Gold forum user
His Story

I read his story on several back issues threads across the forums and e mail list. I remember his story well and the vin of the blue car he shows with the chrome roll bar.

If he is the same guy the story went he bought the phony car insured it wrecked it and then got paid 100% by the insurance car as if it was a real Tiger. So in reality who got screwed? The insurance company.... my book says this guy may be guilty of insurance fraud and who knows what else. In reality he got lucky and screwed up in the right direction.

Pulling the listing is as suspect as you can gets, Now if he jumps thru all the hoops set out to obtain a TAC then he will be proven innocent. Who would bet on that happening though?

If he reads this I hope he knows he is not the first to have the feeling of being guilty until proven innocent, but he sure made it tough on himself.

W. TAC no.821

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
I read his story on several back issues threads across the forums and e mail list. I remember his story well and the vin of the blue car he shows with the chrome roll bar.

If he is the same guy the story went he bought the phony car insured it wrecked it and then got paid 100% by the insurance car as if it was a real Tiger. So in reality who got screwed? The insurance company.... my book says this guy may be guilty of insurance fraud and who knows what else. In reality he got lucky and screwed up in the right direction.

Warren.....that is me. I wrecked the car and the insurance company settled for a Sunbeam Tiger as it was titled and on the bill of sale. I got very lucky. Insurance fraud, I don't think so. If I had modified an Alpine and titled it as a Tiger, yes that would be fraud.

Life lesson leaned, hell yes. My current Tiger is TACed.

Warren

Gold forum user
1000 pardons

I miss-read the posting thinking the MK2 seller was saying he was the one who bought a clone..

I need a fact checker some days, or less calls while I am typing. Senior Moment.
Sorry

slypops

Gold forum user
Thank Goodness for Norm

Norm had posted the VIN yesterday on the 'list' with this message...A.L.G.E.R.

I see the listing has now been pulled

Jim
B382000446

We are So fortunate to have a sheriff in town like Norm. He was CORRECT on every aspect of my new purchase. No surprises thanks to his eagle eyes.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Cloning Away

There are a couple of meticulous & beautifully done MK II Ti-Pines that I run across every once in a while; from up north over the Canadian border. Nice owners, perfect workmanship, but absolutely fake. I can't find fault with enjoying the hobby. I just hope, at time of re-sale, they man-up.

slypops

Gold forum user
money corrupts

There are a couple of meticulous & beautifully done MK II Ti-Pines that I run across every once in a while; from up north over the Canadian border. Nice owners, perfect workmanship, but absolutely fake. I can't find fault with enjoying the hobby. I just hope, at time of re-sale, they man-up.

If all tigers sold for 10,000.00 capped price they would step forward. Unfortunately, money is quite the corrupter.