Creepy

Warren

Gold forum user
I hope I am not the only one, creeped out by this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carroll-Shelby-...b061e&item=160799852062&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

No lie, before the honorary Shelby meeting here in Calif. a week before. I was at Ruby's local Friday night car drive in and a Eleanor Mustang owner parked next to me. He crowed that he was going to change out the glove box door, it had Parnelli Jones on it and get Shelby to sign his new one as he said..... well you know what he said.

atallamcs

Bronze forum user
For Sure

Hey Warren,
I thought I was the only one thinking creepy--certainly opportunistic.
Bill

atallamcs

Bronze forum user
$$

I wonder what my tool kit would be worth? I had Shelby sign it and have a picture of him signing it for me. I am guessing there will be a lot of counterfit signatures.
Bill

Warren

Gold forum user
other

Part of the story was the guy,who was rushing to get his Eleanor 67 Fastback glove box door resigned in Pomona, laughed when I told him I had some Ray Bradbury signed Martian Chronicle lithographs that I do not know what to do with.....yet. Want to trade for the tool kit?

We all have a little creepy in us...

Holy crap e bay lists old Shelby American cancelled checks selling for 160 bux each!!! Some dumpster diver scored big!

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I was going to buy one of those checks last year, when I asked about them on the SAAC site they said they surface often and are not worth much more than $30 or so. Glad I checked into it. Back in the 90's I had 'ol Shelby sign a Shelby American binder I have full of old sheets with part numbers, brochures, etc...from the 60's. When the owner of my GT350 went into Shelby's place at LAX he bought some items, they gave that to him as they were cleaning out and getting ready to move out. Carroll was impressed I had it and asked where I got it, told him the story and he actually cracked a smile.