Heeee...hee.he.....working my way in........

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
007-6.jpg

I am now a member of the Mid America Cobra Club (MACC)....a much better fit than the local British Car Club.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I think you are a better fit with the Brit club.. you have a real british car.. not a fibregalss lasp-up... i dont mind a nice cobra replica.. acurate body.. especially 2899.. thos eare just nasty :eek:

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Duke... If you hang around that crowd, you'll be puttin' on flares and some serious rear tires !! lol That oughta drop those 60 ft. times :cool:

Jim
B382000446

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
I think you are a better fit with the Brit club.. you have a real british car..

There is some serious attitude from the Brit car guys in this area. I have gone to the All Brit Car Show here four years in a row. First three years, I got 2nd place in British Sport category (they refuse to make a Sunbeam category even though we have had up to five Sunbeams). Last year I got a 3rd place. Every year, the car that would win over me did not even open the hood. Last year a Alpine and some other car beat me out. Great for the Alpine.

Its a popular vote show and I really think all of the tractor motor powered Brit car owners have an issue with the Tiger. My "This is NOT a MG!" bumper sticker I put one it may not help either ;)

Last edited:

dude234

Gold forum user
Are there any circa 1960'S Shelby Cobras or are they all replicas in the MACC? If they are all replicas they may think your car is an Alger.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Luckily out west we still have a good amount of "real" Cobras still around, in fact at least 5 in the River City Shelby club.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
BUT IT'S REAL !!

007-6.jpg

I am now a member of the Mid America Cobra Club (MACC)....a much better fit than the local British Car Club.

Hey Duke; I sent the photo to Nick Acton (Cobra parts fabricator) and, knowing most of the cars by their owners, he had a simple reply: "Pride of place in the middle, looks like the only real 1 there" . Ya just gotta rub that one in next time around . . . . . . . .