QLD Australia club recent outing

steven

Gold forum user
As usual, we had the true believers turn out for a lovely Autumn day. The Mid Blue Alpine is my present Sunbeam.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
nice turn out of the marque alpines in the background too! Are many of them coming down for the national in victoria? The AU national and UNITED are very close in date this year... am tiiping united to ge a big turnout.. hopefully we can get a decent one too... I am a driver down for my alpine.. and dads alpine... any volunters?

steven

Gold forum user
nice turn out of the marque alpines in the background too! Are many of them coming down for the national in victoria? The AU national and UNITED are very close in date this year... am tiiping united to ge a big turnout.. hopefully we can get a decent one too... I am a driver down for my alpine.. and dads alpine... any volunters?

Hi Michael, as far as I am aware we have 6 to 8 confirmed club members attending the nationals. Not sure who are driving down, if Rosco makes it he is sure to drive his MK2 Tiger. Bit of a haul with valuable cars. I can't make it however will certainly be at the Brisbane Nationals in 2013.

steven

Gold forum user
We had the 30th year of the QLD Sunbeam club event today. There was 7Alpines, 1 Tiger, a beutiful talbot drophead, 2 Imps, 1 Mark Alpine on a trailer. The best part was 8 origional members of the club, formed thirty years ago turned up. We shared the day with the Rootes Humber club and had 5 wonderful black Humbers present.
The best part was after the event, my Sunbeam had a faulty fuel gauge. So Alan, a good friend had to take me to get fuel (embarrisment). The worst was to come. Where we live there is only 1 major freeway South. Naturally there was a MAJOR crash and the road was blocked for 20 miles. The Sunbeam showed its displeasure by heating badly, the motor showed equal displeasure by dropping oil pressure. End result, pulled into the first parking place I coud. The Lady was OK, it was a very large shopping Mall (centre).
The Sunbeam finally got us home.:cool: