Switch function

segrave

Gold forum user
Staff member
CAT Member
My wife mentioned that my brake light was not functioning on one side so I decided to check all lights and found something I had previously not noticed. With key on and all lights on, the turn signals and the brake lights do not function. My engine had to be running first, then turn and brake lights worked. Is that strange ? Do I have a wiring issue or is that normal for a Tiger ?

Steve

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
This would have made a great "know your Tiger" question! I just went and checked mine. It turned out the turn signals and brake lights do work with just the key on and the motor not running. However, with just the key on, the turn signals do cycle much slower than when the motor is running. I attribute that to the fact I am still running a SU fuel pump with direct power feed to the pump rather than through a relay. If you also have the same setup, you might try putting a battery charger on the car and running the same test just for grins. Maybe a weak battery would produce your current result? Just a thought, before you dive into a full blown wiring check. Regards, Gene

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Black Tiger checked OK

I see no difference in the turn signals/brake lights whether the engine is running or not. Black Tiger has the stock generator and the fuel pump was chugging.

Rick

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Very interesting to learn there is no difference between the speed of the turn signals with the car running or not. Maybe I am the one with the weak battery! Gene