Tiger for sale 290354151746

Cal44

Gold forum user
What appears to be a nice tiger for sale on Ebay, should be interesting. I thought '67 headlight rings were the flatter type. I see no undercarriage shots.

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Very nice looking car indeed. It does look like they have done a lot to keep the car very original. It looks to me like it may still have a two barrel carb. I see the original ("remote") temp sending fixture sitting on top of the intake manifold and the hose connections to the spacer between the carb and the manifold. I would bet it still has the original cast iron intake manifold too. All not the best for performance, but certainly great for originality! Regarding the peaked or not headlight rims: this is obviously a Tiger IA rather than a Tiger II. Technically one could argue that no Tiger IA should be considered a 1967, since production ceased in December 9, 1966. Production of the Tiger Mark II ran from December 10, 1966 through June 30., 1967. (All at least according to the old CAT Shop Manual...). As we all know, the Mark II headlight rims were changed from the "peaked" version on the Mark IA. But it seems the dealers at the time registered the IA's as being of the year in which they were sold, not the year of manufacture. Thus this ebay example sold by the dealer in August 1967 was registered as a 1967. Same thing happened to me when I bought my IA in October 1967. As a now amusing aside, my credit union in Anaheim decided that since I bought it in October, it must be an older model and would only finance it as a year old model... Sigh, at least I was able to scratch together the additional downpayment in time and get the car! Never though at the time I might be talking about that almost 42 years later...

As for a few, absolutely meaningless nit picking observations, the remote oil filter does seem to be missing. Must be using a shorty 1/2 quart filter on the block or perhaps some sort of adapter down there. Also, the hard top is missing the rear window chrome/stainless sealing rubber trim, which is so rare to find these days anyway. Also cannot tell for sure, but the trunk area may be missing the hang down curtain that covers the bulkhead area near where the soft top stores down. Just passing observations, that ultimately in my mind are not really material to any buying decision. Regards, Gene

Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The resto shop that did this made quite a few mistakes ont he car, and quite a lot of the work i would be concerned is superficial. We discussed this car in another venue a while back and generally was noted at the time they were looking for big $ and for the money you would not want the niggling issues resolved, wrong dash, wheel, water temp gauge.. at the time the soft top was not installed and the MKIA style hood bag was done in a weird way.. almost like a MKI vertical panel with a vynil flap at the top.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
290354151746 Tiger on E-bay

Looks like the paint guys had some talents. The restoration video and pics leave out a lot, but I can tell that a lot of cash went into this one.