Restoring Tiger seats

great_RA

Bronze forum user
Does anyone have any hints on where to find the various parts to the seats? The covers on mine are pretty good, but the rubber cushion is all crumbly and the rubber support straps are also gone.

I'm thinking of buying new sponge rubber and/or making my own straps if need be. Good wintertime project.

RAK

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Does anyone have any hints on where to find the various parts to the seats? The covers on mine are pretty good, but the rubber cushion is all crumbly and the rubber support straps are also gone.

I'm thinking of buying new sponge rubber and/or making my own straps if need be. Good wintertime project.

RAK

sUNBEAM SPECIALTIES AND cLASSIC sUNBEAM HAVE ALL THE PARTS TO REBUILD THE SEATS (ALL TYPES AS IN SPLIT BACK, INTERGAL BACK ANS SIV-V PATTERNS AS MKII. THERE ARE ALSO SOME TECVH TIPS ON TIGERSUNITED.ORG I THINK.

SORRY HIT CAPS PART WAY TROUGH.. NOT YELLING

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
I recently put new foam cushions and rubber diaphrams in my IA's seat bottoms. Got them from Sunbeam Specialities (rootes.com). I was very pleased with everything. They have an online catelogue. Check for what you need under the upholstery tab. Go to the second page of that section for the diaphrams or straps you would need for the bottoms, depending on which model you have.

BTW, you may find little cardboard and sewed-on foam rubber pieces inside your seat bottoms at the front corners when you take your old foam cushions out. I did anyway. Apparently they were put there to help fill out the front corners. They seem to be made from a different type of foam and had not deterioriated. You might want to keep an eye out for them in case you need to reuse them or want to hand-make some new replacements. Regards, Gene

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It also makes sense to check the lower seat frame for broken or loose bars especially at the front where the mounting screw holes are. Would estimate 50 out of 100 are broken there. The last driver seat frame I refurbished was broken at least at 4 different positions so lots of rewelding was required. Must have been an extremely heavy driver ;-))