Anyone know of a source for Kamai spoilers?

great_RA

Bronze forum user
I'm restoring my '64 Tiger, and find that the front valance is messed up, so I either need to replace it with new sheet metal ($700+ plus installation) or find a spoiler/air dam to replace the valance. Years ago, I replaced the dinky spoiler on my first gen RX-7 with a Kamai spoiler, it still looks great after all these years. Question is: Where can I get Kamai spoilers, are they still in business. I tried Googleing (sp?) and did not come up with anything.

Or, has anyone else adapted a spoiler for Tiger use? I think forcing a bit more air through the rad might help the cooling!

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
A lot of this may be off the mark a bit, but maybe something in it is helpful. In my old CAT Shop Notes Third Edition, there are a couple of contributions about air dams. One talks about how the air dam for a Datsun 510 fits nicely, etc. (Remember Datsuns?!) Out of curiousity I did an internet search for Datsun air dams. (I am at home and it's a slow afternoon ...) Check out www.showcars-body parts.com/datsun.html. They show a listing for a 75-81 Datsun 510 Kamei Front Air Dam (part number g3580). I did not investigate further to see if this is current info, if they are still in business, etc. The brand name is spelled a bit differently Kamei vs. Kamai, but maybe it is the same thing. Also some stuff on ebay under the Kamei name...

BTW, the shop notes also include a contribution that has a template for making an air dam that you might or might not be interested in. There is also a mention that Mazda RX3 spoilers bolt up beautifully but do fit low. Also a mention that one for a Fiat 124 gives a higher fit and that the ends can be flexed for a good tight fit with no modifications.

Again, hope some of this is relevant and helpful.

Regards, Gene

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm restoring my '64 Tiger, and find that the front valance is messed up, so I either need to replace it with new sheet metal ($700+ plus installation) or find a spoiler/air dam to replace the valance. Years ago, I replaced the dinky spoiler on my first gen RX-7 with a Kamai spoiler, it still looks great after all these years. Question is: Where can I get Kamai spoilers, are they still in business. I tried Googleing (sp?) and did not come up with anything.

Or, has anyone else adapted a spoiler for Tiger use? I think forcing a bit more air through the rad might help the cooling!
Well, if you wanna keep it stock, I've got a new valence on the shelf. keep em' runnin', Randy