Britain on the Green 2013

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi All,

The 16th annual Britain on the Green car show was held on Sunday 28 April 2013. This year’s event returned to the estate of George Mason, American patriot known as the “father of the Bill of Rights.” I would estimate about 200cars showed up, including a Sunbeam class of two Tigers and one Alpine. Unfortunately, rain showers arrived in the afternoon causing many to depart early. Those that remained for the soggy awards ceremony saw a red Austin Healey 3000 get Best of Show honors. Yours truly took the honors in the Sunbeam class.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim,

I see the car is looking spectacular as always... also note you have LAT 70's on it instead of your cosmics... they are recent addition? Also, does your car have the satin black in the grill area?

You have the new display board printed up to!.. :)

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Also i seem to see a couple of berkelys in the background a red racing one and a normal red one? Eric G (65sunbeam) will be interested in those if you have pics of them

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Michael

Good eyes on all accounts.

That is a Berkley in the background. Unfortunately, I did not get a pick...sounded a bit like a lawn mower. Last I saw it, they were towing it off the show field.

As for my Tiger...no satin black in the grille area. One mistake the PO made during the restoration and I have been reluctant to change it.

I did take the plunge and put on LAT 70s from SS. I have 185x70x13 tires mounted.

Yes...that is the new display board. A tip of the hat to Michael in this public forum. I had been messing with that board for a year. Michael really improved the graphics and the layout...It looks fantastic.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim,

The black in the grill area would be an easy thing to do even now.. simply remove the eyebrow mold, lower finisher and grill bars and tape carefully.

The wheels make the car alsot 100% correct, and adds to your LAt list.. guess the display board is ow out of date already!:p