Front sway bar

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Can anyone tell me who offers a high quality 7/8's sway bar for the Tiger? I've seen one regularly advertised on ebay for $99.95 not sure of the quality though. If you can provide me with a good lead on this I would appreciate it.

Don

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
The ebay bar is probably from the same guy I bought mine from a year or so ago. He seems to have these and other Sunbeam items posted from time to time. It has worked fine, and the handling has been improved. The only problem I had was getting it mounted. I had to grind down one corner of each polyurethane bushing to get it to fit in the mounting clip. Not a big deal, just have to be careful not to take off too much material. So it took a bit of time with several cycles of grinding and checking the fit on each one.

Cheers, Gene

rab123

Bronze forum user
sway bar

Have not ever purchased one, but ADDCO list 7/8 front stock with note that uses original mounting hardware. Google can come with a list of vendors (Summit, Jegs, others).

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
About a thousand years ago as a wild younger critter (before 7/8" bars), we would weld a length of thick "U" channel steel to the center horizontal length of the 3/4" bar. Facing the open section down so as not to trap road splash and some detail grinding for making it pretty. This mod would stiffen the roll's felt potential and still use all the standard mountings. This does not, however, correct the natural Tiger plowing which really comes from the rear. Like any trained lounge lizard interested in better handling, you should pay attention to how the rear rolls first. Amen all, randy