tiger burnouts on you tube

chirodoc

Gold forum user
There are some really cool Sunbeam Tiger burn out videos on U tube. Google ""sunbeam tiger
burn outs". The eye Docs blue tiger's #2 burnout is probably the best.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
when I was younger I loved doing burnouts, as I have gotten older and wiser I am always afraid to break something now. I know that's how you find the weak link but still, $$. :(

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The weak link

A burnout shows that the weak link is between the tires and pavement, i.e., lack of traction. Unfortunately, stock Tiger rear fenders limit the width of tires one can install.

About ten years ago I visited another Tiger owner, who lives near me, who had reduced width rear springs. They were moved inboard as far as they could go against the stock spring perches. This gave him another full inch of inside tire clearance, which he made full use of. His rear tires very wide, almost looked tubbed.

He needed the extra tire width since he was running a Paxton supercharger. My favorite was that it all fit underneath a stock hood, no scoop or bulges needed.

Gary

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
Yes Gary I did the same thing to my car but had to weld new spring perch up front.
I'm not a big fan of big burn outs on the street just shows you can't get it to the ground.
My car will actually pull the front wheels off the ground on the street with my Hoosier QTP 26x9.5x15 tires.
And will run 9'40's @148 and can drive it to and from the track on pump gas.

Tigerbill

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Yes Gary I did the same thing to my car but had to weld new spring perch up front.
I'm not a big fan of big burn outs on the street just shows you can't get it to the ground.
My car will actually pull the front wheels off the ground on the street with my Hoosier QTP 26x9.5x15 tires.
And will run 9'40's @148 and can drive it to and from the track on pump gas.

Holly Crap! That's over a second faster than my motorcycle (a long time in a race). Repeat after me "We are not worthy" ( bowing down :)!!!

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
Car is getting a full cage installed and will be going to try and get certed to 8:50
The young man that is doing it has been doing a great job and I'm sure it will cert.
Having to motor rebuilt and hoping to put 16-18 lbs of boost and make 800 RWHP and go 8:90's :) @ around 155.
It will have removable side bars so my wife and can still take it to church and out for dinner !!!!!

tiger260

Gold forum user
Car is getting a full cage installed and will be going to try and get certed to 8:50
The young man that is doing it has been doing a great job and I'm sure it will cert.
Having to motor rebuilt and hoping to put 16-18 lbs of boost and make 800 RWHP and go 8:90's :) @ around 155.
It will have removable side bars so my wife and can still take it to church and out for dinner !!!!!

Pics please Jerry.

How much power is that at the flywheel?
Do you have the details of you set up. Engine, capacity etc?

Thank you.

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
Pics please Jerry.

How much power is that at the flywheel?
Do you have the details of you set up. Engine, capacity etc?

Thank you.

Wish I could post pictures !
Motor is a WorldProducts 370 ci with 225 AFR HEADS
And about 14lbs of boost with twin 57's turbos.
I would say close to 950 to the flywheel, new setup will be over 1000 :)
And still very streetable new technology is great

tiger260

Gold forum user
Wish I could post pictures !
Motor is a WorldProducts 370 ci with 225 AFR HEADS
And about 14lbs of boost with twin 57's turbos.
I would say close to 950 to the flywheel, new setup will be over 1000 :)
And still very streetable new technology is great

Posting pics can be a pain.

1000! That's mental. :D