347 Cubic Inches of goodness.

1991 5.0 HO block
Scat 9000 Crank
Probe I beam rods (5.315)
Probe SRS pistons flat top
Clevite bearings
1/2" girdle with windage tray
Trick Flow Stage 2 Hydraulic Roller Cam
(Specs Duration at .050 Int - 224 Exh – 232 with Intake lift at .542 and exhaust at .563 with a 1.6 rocker, 112 overlap)

Bluprinted and balanced 28 oz

I found this baby on Craigs List believe it or not, seller had $4600 in it. I, as the new owner, have less than half of that. ;)

Will be looking at a spring 2011 install.

Last edited:

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Duke, lovely acquisition! I too have a 347 almost completed, but have put it on hold. At the last minute I have decided I want to do a little (actually a lot!) of Solo this summer. So I have a rebuilt 289 going in for the original 260 to stay in B steet prepared class.

I recognize the Canton girdle and windage tray, since that is what I also bought for my 347. I bought their Cobra kit car road race pan and am having the front corners trimmed for cross member clearance at the front. I am picking it up Monday and will be putting it on my 289.

I am not sure what your pan plans are, but a heads up if your are considering the same one I got. First of all, the crank scraper in that pan gets in the way of the girdle and the pan will not fit on the bottom of the block. So I cut it out (four or so stitch welds along the side of the pan). Secondly, the oil pickup that comes with the pan also interfers ever so slightly with the windage tray. The tube bends to cross under the tray but the horizontal bend is too soon and it will not clear the tray. I discussed all of this with Canton. They basically agreed there were problems but had no real help for me. They said the girdle will work as a scraper of sorts and that I would not be turning enough RPM's to make a tray really meaningful. I may look into having a 1/8 inch or so spacer made to fit between the pump and the oil pickup tube to get the clearance I need to keep the tray when I get back to the 347.

I know you haven't asked, but thought you might find some of that worth knowing.

Cheers,

Gene