Looking for aftermarket seats

Mikebell

New forum user
does anyone have any suggestions for replacement seats for a tiger? Origionals are gone and the Momo seats that came with the car when I got it won't move back far enough for my long legs. I am thinking about doing some mods to the back shelf so I can get the seat back further. By the way, this car has had numerous other mods to it that don't make it a good candidate for a faithful restoration so its going to be a good looking hot rod.
Most aftermarket seats seem to have a flat square bottom and the car needs seats that have more radius in the back.
Any sources or ideas?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Mike,

It depends what look you want. Do you want period looking seats? Modern seats? Seats with headrests?

In my alpine i have "corba classic" buckets from the UK, they are almost identical from what i can see to the "corbeau classic" bucket also from the UK. These look great, hold you well and are period style, but they are not adjustable for rake just fore and aft.

Another option would be the clubman seats offered trhough compaines like europa spares, they are for clubman cars (lotus 7, westerfeild, chaterham etc.. ) they are thin backed, low mounting and narrow will easily solve your height/room issues.. but they will be a tight fit for you.. they are made narrow for that kind of car.

Lastly members here in AU use mazda MX5 (miata) seats. They fit well have the headrests.. and you can get them S/H from wreckers cheap... they will be leather and you can even have with speakers in the headrest and heated...

my personal preference is the period look.

136010562yZGscn_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rab123

Bronze forum user
Seats

I have retrofitted Miata (early 90's) seats. Some minor fabrication required. The size of the seats seems correct for the car, the seat bottom is really low, I can slide the seat way back, using original Miata tracks with mounting ears cut off. I can even clear the roll bar and recline the seats with a little lay out planning, offset from centered by about 1/4", high back for a little added safety, ready made custom fit covers available (found a junk yard set with ok covers, found on half price day at self serve yard, $40.00 for the pair, simple flat stock mounting adapters (think 1/4 thick 2" wide, about 3" long at each seat corner.

Mikebell

New forum user
Mike,

It depends what look you want. Do you want period looking seats? Modern seats? Seats with headrests?

In my alpine i have "corba classic" buckets from the UK, they are almost identical from what i can see to the "corbeau classic" bucket also from the UK. These look great, hold you well and are period style, but they are not adjustable for rake just fore and aft.

Another option would be the clubman seats offered trhough compaines like europa spares, they are for clubman cars (lotus 7, westerfeild, chaterham etc.. ) they are thin backed, low mounting and narrow will easily solve your height/room issues.. but they will be a tight fit for you.. they are made narrow for that kind of car.

Lastly members here in AU use mazda MX5 (miata) seats. They fit well have the headrests.. and you can get them S/H from wreckers cheap... they will be leather and you can even have with speakers in the headrest and heated...

my personal preference is the period look.

136010562yZGscn_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Michael, thank you so much for the info. Very helpful! I may look at the miata option first. By the way, I have a son & daughter in law currently living in Melbourne!

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi Mike, welcome on the info.. if you need more specifics just drop me a line. You should come visit the son and daughter in-law.. and play sunbeams while you're here :D