Rotisserie

allfudge

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Anyone have any recommendations for a rotisserie? I am ready to buy one to continue the work on my MK1. I've looked at the Auto Twirler; any others I should consider?

Al Fudge
B9471635

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Al,

If you go to the tigersunited there is a design by Wally Menke, be careful what generic ones your buy as they may not hold the tiger in the best spots.

As a side note, if you are working on the sills you should brace the car between the latch on the B post and the door hinge points on the A post, that way the car wont sag.

allfudge

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Michael,

Thanks, but I am hoping to avoid having to build the rotisserie. I have installed bracing as you suggested. I used 3/4" black pipe and all thread rod, right and left hand thread. I made some brackets to attach to the upper hinge mount on the A post and the upper part of the B post. The all thread made it easy to install the brackets and then apply a bit of tension to the brace.

I will be having someone replace the floor pans, transmission tunnel sills and trunk floor, and anything else I find after the soda blasting.

BTW, I tried repeatedly to post my question on the Tigers List and have never seen my posts. I am sending my posts to Tigers@autox.team.net

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Al

allfudge

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Michael,

Yes I am. I get all of the messages about all of the topics. I just can't post for some unknown reason. I have sent messages to the server and received confirmation of delivery, but still no response. I'll keep trying, something has to work.

Al