Belmont Stakes

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Did anyone watch this today? I can honestly say I have never watched a horse race on TV, so this was a new one--plus it was 98 outside. They interviewed the owner of California Chrome--he did not win the triple crown. The owner was pissed, said the other owners were "cowards" for not doing all 3 races, said it was not fair. It got me thinking--how is that different from the Daytona 500 or the US Nationals (nascar and nhra) --teams try to qualify for those big races since they are prestigious and have a great payout. At one point his horse was the "new guy" and other owners may have thought the same thing. Just curious if you had any thoughts. :confused:

drbill

Gold forum user
Did anyone watch this today? I can honestly say I have never watched a horse race on TV, so this was a new one--plus it was 98 outside. They interviewed the owner of California Chrome--he did not win the triple crown. The owner was pissed, said the other owners were "cowards" for not doing all 3 races, said it was not fair. It got me thinking--how is that different from the Daytona 500 or the US Nationals (nascar and nhra) --teams try to qualify for those big races since they are prestigious and have a great payout. At one point his horse was the "new guy" and other owners may have thought the same thing. Just curious if you had any thoughts. :confused:

Calif Chrome's owner sounds like sour grapes. Get over it! He has a really good horse, just not a great horse, like Secretariat or Affirmed. Personally, I thought the jockey should have not held him back early and kept the inside line. But what do I know? :D

Warren

Gold forum user
Hmmmm

General Tiger discussion, or General Chit Chat.
Slow day in Tiger world eh...

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I believe the heading says "Anything of interest to the Tiger community" so I thought this might be included. Come on Warren--branch out..... :)

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There comes a point where things are just being posted for postings sake.. repeating comments.. small in-jokes that could be PM's, 3 words that a post has been read or stuff that’s not automotive/mechanically related.....

The CAT forum has admirably stayed automotive.. and generally Tiger/Sunbeam specific let’s keep it that way. :cool:

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
as a newbie

IF the intent is to also raise a general community, there should be an off - topic or non-tiger related forum for this sort of stuff. Helps build relationships and I've no issue with it, but also agree with MK that it should be separate from car talk.

PS: Watched too. Fairly LOCAL to here, at least where I grew up, in the central valley. I get the owner's 'beef'... lol... literally and figuratively....

Harris Ranch FTW (for the win!)

DD

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
stakes

many things get talked about at car shows. things like kids, grand kids, medical problems, politics, etc. I have been totally amazed at some of the things I have heard being discussed under the shelter of the EZ up that we always have with us. sure it's not automotive related but why should everything be automotive related? the same with a forum. warren is right in that other sunbeam sites have a place for discussion other than auto related. one area on the saoca forum has a pass word of " waste my time" to enter. I guess if some don't want to read non automotive content it's best to not read it. I get three news papers a day and if an article doesn't interest me I ignore it.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Good to read some of the comments--I am sure we all have different interests other than the Tiger, or at least I hope so. I would love an area that we could discuss items other than this little British car, I am sure we (or at least me) would be interested in hearing about some of your hobbies, travels, etc....
If I am out of line I will cease to post non Tiger related material, I was just trying to start up a little general chit chat. :confused:
As far as the 3 word replies I am working on fixing that too. My thought was that if someone posts pics from a show and there are 60 views and no responses that person would sooner or later stop posting as no one likes what he is displaying. I for one love to see pics of Tigers and other cars be it race, show or barn finds----we are in this for the excitement of the hobby. Just my .02 worth. Feel free to respond--I have broad shoulders. :)

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Off Topic (OT) or Non-Auto (NA)

are common "other" forums for other auto sites. Those posting in a general site often would use these acronyms to let others know their new post or response post is now going off the initial thread.

These sub groups often become MORE traveled and popular than the "on" topic sites. There's a reason TMZ exists...

Would be simple to put up one in this forum.. (shrug)

Interest in The 'Belmont Stakes' had very little to do with the Northeast... (Yes, I know where the track is...and where the main runners were from...)

IMO...this post is just as out of place here than General Tiger.

;-P

Derek