Anyone able to run SCCA PDX 1 in their Tiger?

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
I would like to run my Tiger in a SCCA PDX Level 1 event. This is, as many know, a Performance Driving Experience (PDX) where you drive on an actual road course with an instructor in your own car.

I see at least three safety rules I would need to address. If I were so inclined, I could get appropriate seats and harnesses. A factory hardtop eliminates the need for a roll bar (or so it seems!). The one issue for which I do not have a solution is the prohibition against Monza (flip top) gas caps. It seems to me our factory gas caps would fall into this category. Does anyone know for sure if this is indeed the case? If so, is there a solution short of putting a fuel cell in the truck?

Yes, I have tried to get a direct response from my local region over the past few weeks in connection with an event held today. Unfortunately, nothing materialized. (Other than a comment that the age of my car put me in a gray area...) I thought perhaps someone on the Forum has been down this road before (no pun intended) and has relevant experience to share. There will be other such events later in the year in which I would like to participate if possible.

Thanks.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I cant offer any experience with SCCA.. but the fuel filler issue is related to the method of how the cap opens if i understand your post.

In theory this means you would only need to provide a cap that was locking or screw on not an unrestrained "monza" flip type. You couls see if the caps from an XJ6 jag or fastback rapier might fit, similar style but they have a locking mechanism instead of a push button.

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Michael, those are very, very interesting possible solutions! As I mentioned, I do not know if the factory cap it is actually a problem, but functionally it has got to be close. You have pointed me down a path to a potential solution if it is. I will start looking into it right away. As always, you are a great resource to the rest of us.

Best regards, Gene