Insulation ideas for battery door

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
I was installing a heat shield on the muffler below the fuel pump and in the process cleaned up the underside of the battery door. There appeared to be a thin layer of insulation on the door but only remnants remained so I removed what was there.

I'm looking for some kind of insulation to apply to the underside of the door. Any suggestions? Doesn't have to be OEM or anything like that but I would think should be heat and moisture resistant. Sound insulating would also be a plus. All I seem to be able to find on Google is foil coated bubble wrap which just won't do.

Thanks, Justin

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Have a look at thermotec.com and check out their Cool It products. Their Suppressor Acoustical and Heat Control mat is what I am using on the inside of my floor before installing new carpet. I will be covering the topside of the shelf behind the seats, including the battery door as a part of that. I suppose one could cover the bottom side of the door with that as well. I found this product in the Classic Motorsports Magazine's Tiger restoration article that someone mentioned on the forum not too long ago when asking about disk brake upgrades.

Cheers, Gene

Last edited:

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Summit

Page 294 of the recent Summit Racing catalog has several "mat" insulator options. On their website check TRU-BLIP11406 as a part number to find what they have. They sell "Cool It" by Thermotech too. THE-14610.

I have some matting left over from doing the foot-wells and firewall (inside) of Tiger Blue a few years ago. Box says "The Insulator" and I think I got it from Summit.

If all you want is enough to cover the underside of the battery access panel I could mail you a piece. Private Message (PM) to TigerBlue

Rick

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
Well this stuff is more like what I had in mind. Thanks guys.

Now that I've found something I like I think I may just lay it inside across the full back "seat" including door. Minimal amount of carpet padding there anyway, only in the "hollow" spots so I think I might be able to get the snap in piece of carpet back in on top.

Thanks for the offer TB but this has turned out to be a larger area than originally intended.

I've got a loud Holley fuel pump that I would like to cut the noise down on a bit although it has reminded me on several occasions to turn on the hidden fuel pump switch as I start off down the road.

Justin