Mid-Atlantic Fall Car Events

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi All,

My Tiger was accepted to participate in a couple of shows this fall.

First up was the Saint Michaels Concours back on the 27 September. It was a beautiful setting, right on the Chesapeake Bay. My Tiger was in the Post-War European Sports-Open class--unfortunately, no hardware for the Tiger. The class was won by an immaculate 1957 Mercedes 300SL Roadster and second place went to a 1954 Arnolt-Bristol--only 140 made and only 80 still known to exist. It is hard to compete against such valuable and rare automobiles. The XK Jag’s had their own class (thank god). They were absolutely unbelievable. The photos do not do these cars justice…they were absolutely stunning.

Lots of pre-war cars all of which were absolutely perfect.

I got to chat with Wayne Carini. He was there with one of his clients, who you often see with him on his TV show (entered a 38 Packard). Wayne stopped to look at my Tiger. He said he liked the look with the original wheels, caps and trim rings. He reminded me about the small clip about Tigers that he had on his show a few seasons back and how he said they were a good buy.

Last weekend my Tiger was in the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) Fall Meeting at Hershey, PA. It was a rainy, dreary day but over 500 cars showed up. They supposedly had 700+ signed up, but the rain scared away some, including another Tiger. I had hotel room booked and the plans made, so I attended despite the lousy weather. My Tiger was in the class for Open Sports Vehicles 1961-69 and it received a 1st Place Senior Award, which means it received at least 375/400 in the judging.

I was also pleasantly surprised to meet and talk with at least a half dozen other Tiger owners.

I have attached some photos from both shows

Tiger64

Bronze forum user
Jim, your Tiger looks great! It looks like it jumped right out of an original sales brochure. Chris.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
events

was this the same st michaels where we had the united last year? the weather looked to be a lot better.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Love the 300SL.... Your car looks great, nice and original. The weather looks awful, that is full on winter wear there for us..haha

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Beam--Correct, that is the same St Michaels. The weather was absolutely gorgeous.

Cobra--The photo I took of the 300SL does not do it justice. It was stunning.

Thanks.