I think she faked it.........

Cal44

Gold forum user
While on my search for a moderately priced, rust free Tiger I came across the fake Tiger on Craigslist San Francisco. I don't know how to link the ad. But a neat looking car from "a dealer :("

Someone did nice work. I wonder if there was an attempt to pawn it off as an authenticated car at sometime? This car has "the plates" on the cowl, don't know if they are correct but someone went to great lengths.

Two weeks ago it was on Ebay, guess it didn't meet sales expectations of
"the dealer :("

If this has already been brought up then forget I wrote anything.

Mike

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Mike,

Its a well known alger.. and was passed off as the real thing once upon a time.. and fooled many pople. If you go to norm millers website and check "the fraud" you will see a writeup. www.rootes1.com

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Conversion

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/1919509899.html

The seller is up front about this being a conversion. Assuming that I found the car for sale which is the subject of this post... I have no problem with Alpine (conversion) V8's. Priced like it was a Tiger though is not realistic. No matter how well done they may be fun to use and abuse but will never have value as an investment in a classic car. Beware!

Rick

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
She did fake it, several times

Good grief; is there such a thing as a moderately priced, rust free Tiger? We owned an un-molested and maintained original for a while, but a nice gentleman realized that we had taken it back Nor'east to the free rust zone and promptly took $$$ it $$$ back $$$ to the dry west. Over the years, I've made and supplied many "restoration" parts to the public that could easily be used to make nasty Ti-pines. TAC inspectors please note that little "c" for clone and/or "r" for rust is stamped several times in all the critical pieces.

Cal44

Gold forum user
Yes Mr. Rick, that is the one. A boat load of ask money. If someone one was looking for a little hot rod then this would be a good candidate, if they don't care about authenticity.

Thank you Mr. King.

Last edited: