PS Wheels- what tyre sizes please?

AshUK

Silver forum user
Hi all.

I know a number of members are running PS kidney bean wheels so wondered if you would let me know what tyre sizes/profiles etc you had fitted?

I may be ordering some wheels so want to get an idea of what will work?

Many thanks
Ash

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Ash,

While i am not running the PS wheels i looked into getting a set of the HSC kidney bean style halibrands, it depends what size you go for 13, 14 or 15.. IIRC when people were running 15 they were using a 205/45 or 50.

Between the 5 slot kidney beans and the image wheels UK BRM style wheels i think they are the look for a sunbeam.. i'm getting tired of minilite style wheels on our cars :eek:

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
PS 14" 4 hole kidney Halibrand tribute

I run 195/60R14 front and 205/60R14 on these wheels with 7 inch wide rims. same offset (unknown) front and rear. The previous owner (of the wheels) used 205's front and rear but I would have had to modify the front wings (more) to use 205's.

To see the whole image with car go to the California forum Santa Monica Pier posted last weekend.

Rick

Last edited:

AshUK

Silver forum user
Ash,

While i am not running the PS wheels i looked into getting a set of the HSC kidney bean style halibrands, it depends what size you go for 13, 14 or 15.. IIRC when people were running 15 they were using a 205/45 or 50.

Between the 5 slot kidney beans and the image wheels UK BRM style wheels i think they are the look for a sunbeam.. i'm getting tired of minilite style wheels on our cars :eek:

Thanks for that Mike, I was thinking of 15" as there is more tyre choice. Style wise HSC 5 port kidney bean. Phil Schmidt suggested 6" front and 7" rears. The red mk1a tiger on PS wheels site runs these and I was hoping the owner was a CAT member so he could tell me the tyre size. They look big?

I like the minilite style wheels but most tigers wear them and it would be nice to have something different?

Image wheels UK do some nice styles but struggle to work well on tigers due to the front offsets being so narrow?:confused:

AshUK

Silver forum user
I run 195/60R14 front and 205/60R14 on these wheels with 7 inch wide rims. same offset (unknown) front and rear. The previous owner used 205's front and rear but I would have had to modify the front wings (more) to use 205's.

To see the whole image with car go to the California forum Santa Monica Pier posted last weekend.

Rick
Thanks Rick
Your car sits nicely on those wheels. Have you lowered the suspension?

Regards
Ash

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for that Mike, I was thinking of 15" as there is more tyre choice. Style wise HSC 5 port kidney bean. Phil Schmidt suggested 6" front and 7" rears. The red mk1a tiger on PS wheels site runs these and I was hoping the owner was a CAT member so he could tell me the tyre size. They look big?

I like the minilite style wheels but most tigers wear them and it would be nice to have something different?

Image wheels UK do some nice styles but struggle to work well on tigers due to the front offsets being so narrow?:confused:

Ash i spoke to image wheels last year, they were happy to make the BRM ones forme in 14 or 15" with any offset i provided. They said they had done a set of the brm ones for a tiger in the UK..

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Lowered?

Ash and all

"Is the Black Tiger above lowered?" Yes a little. The look in photo is part illusion created by the high camera angle.

I tossed the rubber insulators that go on top of the front springs (long ago). The idea of this makes some engineering types pull their hair but has the same effect as a slightly shorter spring. I have had no problem and both our Tigers have this mod. The rear springs were on the car when I bought it and they are not original.

Rick

AshUK

Silver forum user
Ash i spoke to image wheels last year, they were happy to make the BRM ones forme in 14 or 15" with any offset i provided. They said they had done a set of the brm ones for a tiger in the UK..

They will make wheels that fit but some look a little odd because the rim is nearly flush with the wheel centre due to their design.

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user
Those black wheels look good on your car Michael. I like the shape of the spokes , polished rim and spinons.:cool:

AshUK

Silver forum user
Ash,

Was just photoshoping them to see..

the orange was interesting..

Thats that explains why they look so good Mike. The Image wheels will not look like that in reality. The picture shows a nice rim dish to the front wheels but I dont think this can be achieved with the offset required?:confused:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I recently inquired about the Kidney Bean wheels at PSE and they only offer 15" now. I like the smaller look of the 14's but don't have a choice now. I am running the traditional 15" panasports but wanted something a little different.

gregory schumacher

Bronze forum user
Iam running 195/50 r15 fronts and 205/55 r15 rears. The wheel tire package is for sale rims are polished so are vents. Falken tires are 80 percent.