TE/AE Rootes United 2010

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Day one is about done. About 80 registered vehicles with about 150? or so people. Today was registration, tech sessions, the parts swap started, stories told of driving up to ? 1,600 miles and a Sunset Cruise out of nearby Port Clyde. Grrreat event so far. Lobster!!!

Bonnie and I flew into Boston and drove on to Rockland in a rented car. Weather forecast is good for tomorrows AutoX and Rally and Sunday's Car Show/Concours.

Some photos from today below and more later if I get a chance!

Rick

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Owl's Head Museum

10/10/10: My bride & I snuck in this noon in the old "Stang" to check out the surviving Tigers. As a restorer, I spotted some clever clones and some honest conversions. The longer distance drive-ins were easy to spot with their tired "road eyes" still slightly glazed. All in all, it was a very good showing and the museum has always been a favorite of ours for years. More than a century of working mechanical transport creations keeps a gearhead in heaven fer sure. Anyone who defies mother nature's reclaiming program deserves plaudits. Keep em' runnin', randy FYI: There's no "r" in the word lobstah. . . . . .

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
AutoX at Owl's

Pictures from the AutoX site on Saturday.

The area Sports car club provided the timing and workers and participants. Non Rootes vehicles were also participating including that Bugatti and my rent a racer.

Rick

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It was nice meeting you at the United Rick! We had a grrrreat time at the United seeing cars and old friends. One day I hope to make it to a CAT event on the left coast. Eric

Rande

New forum user
Hey R & B (Mueller),

Great seeing you two at the United, it was a pleasant shock seeing Bonnie's nameplate at hospitality suite. I'm saving up for the Queen Mary next year.

Rande

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Rallye @ United coastal Maine

Thank you Rande, Eric and all the others at Rootes United who made us feel so welcome on the East Coast!

The Rallye was a CHALLENGE! but a beautiful and remarkable drive over hills, into harbors, through tree lined secondary roads and a winery? Like many others we dallied and got lost some. We were fortunate to make it to the Lobster Bake in time for a meal. Some were hours later including Carl and Vonda Moon below in the green Tiger looking confident.

Rick

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Rootes United Concours

The Owls Head Transportation Museum hosted a Foreign Car Show and the United Concours.

Too much to see all around from R Model Bentley to WW1 aircraft. Photos of a sample attached.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Rootes United Concours v2

Yes more photos. I am sure the A/C on Tiger Tom's Tiger is functional but not needed in Maine in October.