Anyone?

Cal44

Gold forum user
Does a five bolt bell housing from an early Ford Fairlane, lets say a '62, work on Tiger top loader?

Or.............is the bolt pattern the same for the transmission to bell housing.

I'm foggy when it comes to the Ford t10 vs. the top loader height and width.

Make sense? If not then straighten me out.

Cal44

Gold forum user
No need to respond..............like that would happen anyway.
The info is on the David Kee website.

dlyle

Gold forum user
CAT Member
But now we're curious about the answer....will it work? I've got an early bell housing so it would be good to know.

Cal44

Gold forum user
The bell housing should be C3AA-6394-C with a narrow pattern and five bolt holes to attach to the engine.

I don't know if this holds true for MkII cars.

The answer is probably in the Book of Norman but I do not own one.

Again, if someone can show me something different then I welcome it.

Always like to learn.

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user
Does a five bolt bell housing from an early Ford Fairlane, lets say a '62, work on Tiger top loader?

Or.............is the bolt pattern the same for the transmission to bell housing.

I would think so. There was not a specific Top loader for the Tiger, the Tiger just used Ford engines and trans that were already in production. Narrow bolt pattern trans was the early top loaders. Wide for the later.

The fun begins when you want to uae your narrow trans to a 6 bolt block.
I decided on a quicktime bell housing for this and they are of high quality, but I was not supplyed with the correct size bearing flange adapter ring.

Cheers Mal.

Cal44

Gold forum user
I should have explained better. Once in a while I find five bolt parts and I wanted to educate myself.

Within the last six weeks I have purchase two, five bolt blocks (289's). They just dropped in the old lap. Now there are a couple of guys (I've been told) that have five bolt manual bell housings here in town. I just didn't want to end up buying items that do not apply for my application. You see I am spares junky.

I am thinking my prior question of the T10 is now moot.

Mike

65Tiger

Bronze forum user
Many years ago a nieghbor gave me a full syncro (top load, narrow pattern) 3 speed and a 5 bolt aluminum bell housing he said came from a 63 Falcon. The bell housing is identical to the one in my Tiger.

Hope this helps, Rick