e-Bay air cleaner

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It just shows what some grafiti is worth! I have to say its a pitty the aircleaner was preped so poorly before it was signed. The paint work in the close-up pics looked very average.

Given that shelby is happy to sign dash gloveboxes for a few $ would be worth paying the $100 or so to get him to sign an air cleaner... now if only we could get one with lord rootes, ian garrad and ken miles signature on it too!

!B-TfY9QCWk~$(KGrHqYOKpoEy+jC0D5BBM8VUm(82!~~_12.JPG

!B-TfOrwEWk~$(KGrHqMOKi0EzS49Gk4)BM8VUStwMg~~_12.JPG

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
air cleaner

this air cleaner was autographed at suni 4 at park city. we all stood in line and shelby and george signed what ever you had . in this case anthony had them sign this air cleaner. i had them sign the photo album showing the restoration of our blue alpine. if i remember right shelby autographed some cars also.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
George and Carroll signed anything

I brought an original magazine page,Tiger ad. I passed on having the car signed.

BTW I value George's signature at least as much as Carroll's because he was "The Man" who did the job building the prototype. Shelby is a Legend without considering the Tiger. And it is his face in the Tiger ad of course.

Rick

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rick,

I like what you had signed more.. the seller (anthony?) also had a picture of shelby signing his scuttle.. i can honestly say i would not want someone to sign the body work.. the glovebox door thing sure.. as you can put it on the mantle or something..

Cal44

Gold forum user
Holy Smokes. Wonder how much this copy will sell for?

Makes my Hollywood Sport Cars plate look like a chump.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I guess we won't find out... the auction was just south of $2000 this morning and was ended 'early' sometime today... no bid history available

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I guess the owner either decided to keep it and was just testing the market... or they got an insane offer from someone and has sold it to them.. i was guessing it would end in the 2800-3200 range

Cal44

Gold forum user
Huh? Geeez, I had a few Guinness and went for a drive....... come back to look at the auction.... and..... what the.............

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I've done a fair bit on e-Bay both buying and selling. It gets a bit tricky to end an auction early if there are bids... you CAN sell to the highest bidder though... If that bidder offered substantially more than his leading bid I could see the seller ending it... but the way it was going, I expected to see the winning bid around $3000... I'm surprised the seller didn't wait unless as Michael said
..." or they got an insane offer from someone and has sold it to them.."...

We may never know :(