Bolt in front suspension controversy

alsalp

Bronze forum user
so can anyone comment on controversy between the "MH" fabricated suspension or the "LA based tiger restorer?" (DA?)
The whole thing reminds me of the movie Tucker or something.

MH also believes he was getting pressure from socal tiger club about relinquishing his project.

Anyone know the facts?

Finaly has anyone objectively reviewed the too setups?

One looks bullit proof but heavy and bulbus.

The other looks like it would save a lot more weight and very adjustable.

I was told there was a comparison article in a news letter but have not seen it.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What i would say is that in the CAT newsletter a while back there was an article about the DA product. It showed some pics and explained an evolution as to apparently why it had been created, ackowledging that one of those reasons was that there was to long a lead time for the MH product for a project he was working on. He also explained he had gone to inspect the MH product.

There was some discussion later on a discussio board as to an alternative view of events.

What i would say is, I know that the MH product had been developed and evolved through a few itterations over a couple of years, which many of us had been following on the MH website.

DA product came along after, and despite the fact that it is fabricated in a different way shares many of the same principles and advantages of the MH product pver the stock setup.

Now as to which is better/worse advantage/disadvantage and as to what the story behind the 2 products is I dont know as i was not involved and have only seen pictures and read about them.

I think its great people have gone to the effort to make products and develop them to benifit the cars, I am just hoping that there is a respectful discourse going on between the parties as both seem to be very valuable members to the Tiger community.

alsalp

Bronze forum user
can you reference the previous posts?

Reading MH's article it seems he has not felt the respect for a guy who did something the sunbeam community said couldn't be done. I'd hate too think any group would do anything to discourage someone to innovate whether a guy in his garage or a professional.

the only motivation i can think of for wanting to discourage MH is get him out of the limikted market place
politics should stay out of the car hobby which is why i dont show my car.

Anyone out there running one of these setups?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
alsalp,

If you send me an e-mail i'll send you a link to the discussion, to be honest i think its best that the discussion is betwen the two parties, i dont want any 3rd party discussion causing trouble one way or another. As you obiusly know there is some debate as to how things have transpired... and as per my previous post, they IMHO are both valuable members of our community and i think caution should be taken about making statements in regards to it.

alsalp

Bronze forum user
That's reasonable. In the meantime I'd like to hear any feedback from anyone who is running either of these setups.