Koni numbers

Cal44

Gold forum user
Anyone have the numbers for the front and rear Red Koni's for Tigers? My Koni catalog does not show them..........very odd.

I find they can be shopped. My last set I bought for the Boss 302 was fifty bucks less, EACH, in 2010. The markup is astounding.

Thank you,
Mike

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Hey Mike

A quick search of the Tiger's 'list' got me this for Koni #'s... ( there was some mention that this might have been a special run )

KO-8210-1163 FRONT
KO-8210-1164 REAR

and Sunbeam Specialties shows this...

APPLICATION STOCK TYPE KONI, NEW VERSION

ALPINE IV, V, & TIGER, FRONT SA50 28.55 ea SA50KM** 185.00 ea
ALPINE III-V, & TIGER, REAR SA51 28.55 ea SA51KM** 185.00 ea

Classic Sunbeam lists...

SA122 Tiger front adj. Koni's @ $185
SA124 Tiger rear adj. Koni's @ $185

Vic Brit only lists Spax... $279/$289 pr. Fr. & RR.

I have Spax on the rear of mine but can't comment as I've never had any others...

Jim
B382000446

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
I found a pair of Konis at Villen B Haun when they closed. $25 for the pair. Just a few years back I was talking to the chef at my fav watering hole and his brother worked at Eddlebrock and picked up a set of 4 of theirs for the Tiger.

I believe the Konis are rebuild-able. Know of anyone in the LA area to take them? Guess I could ship somewhere as well.

Thanks, Justin

Cal44

Gold forum user
Koni's are indeed re-buildable. In the states you send them to Kentucky where the main office/warehouse is for the U.S. Don't know what is the cost.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
IIRC fro previous discussions the rebuild of a set of konis was around the price of a new set of spax adjustables, this was posted maybe 2 years back on one of the lists.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Help ! For Rear Springs ??

Speaking of suspensions, can't find my spec data when needed. Does anyone have the rear spring specs handy? Free arch height unloaded ? Arch ht loaded ? Nominal load at correct arch ? etc. My local spring company is willing to try making a few, but the old examples that sag around here would not give any accurate data to be a reliable source. thx , randy