Wheel back space

Cal44

Gold forum user
I am going to do some wheels. I want to check back space measurements against someone else.

Or, what is the back space of your wheels?

I will not be grinding, cutting or bending sheet metal on the car. I am thinking the wheel size will be 5" x 14" front and 6' x 14" rear.

Just want to make sure I give the guy the right measurements.

I did a search here............typed in wheel back spacing........it came up fuel pump..............:confused:

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Well.. good luck with that... I've seen a lot of discussion about backspacing but have never actually heard any numbers ! It's either "Call Dale, he knows" or somebody else... but never seen much 'real info' in print...

Jim
B382000446

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Mike,

I think you are going to struggle to get a set of wheels in 14" x 5".... 14" x 6" is more comon. You can run the panasport wheels in the correct offset to not foul the guards.. i wuld not worry about the rear wheels to much.. 14x6 in most any normal wheel with tyres 195x60 or less will not cause issues.. the problem is on the front where the tigers geometry brings the leading edge of the tyre close to the front valence/arch on lock.

I'll see if i can get the backspace measurements for you.. they have been discussed on the SAOCA board quite often.

Cal44

Gold forum user
Thanks Michael. I want to check your numbers against mine on my wheels.
Hopefully you will measure on a stock wheel. That is where I am going for my numbers.