Interior rear view mirror

Cal44

Gold forum user
What would y'all suggest me using as an interior rear view mirror?

Is there an after market that looks similar to the original?

Or, is there a good looking rear view out there? Maybe something in metal with a black wrinkle paint like the side covers on the seats.

I have the original mirror but someone broke the attachment arm in two places
and at the little rotating ball in the mirror. I reckon it's D.O.A

I get tired of trying to find original factory items.........it's too taxing.....

Always a crisis................

Mike

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Mike,

The original is the best... they are not that hard to find..but will likely need a new glass and general tidy up.. the only other period correct looking ones i have seen are ones for other rootes cars (same screw spaceing) but they dont have the advantage of the later rootes design where it has the stabeliser to the screen with the rubber.. the early mirros vibrate a lot.. if you want email me I know some USA based guys that should be able to help you.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Hey Mike

I have a spare of the piece you need... but no mirror...it's has a few pits on it but not too bad... I really don't have a use for it so let me know if you want it. The little rubber piece that goes on the back of it and against the windshield is available at Sunbeam Specialties...

Jim
B382000446

Last edited:

Cal44

Gold forum user
Thank you Michael. It appears that Jim has exactly what I need.

Jim, PM sent.

Growler

Gold forum user
Anybody still have the rear view mirror? Actually, I have the mirror and plastic back but am looking for the bracket that has the support back to the windshield.
Thanks