putting out fires

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I finally got one of these.. been wanting one for ages.. sometimes they have costs to much.. often they are missing the brackets and often not in nice condition... I got this a few months back.. and after fearing it lost in post (it had been 3 months 2 weeks since it was sent) it arrived... nice :D

It is the smaller of the extinguishers that were available.. now where to mount it.. on the trans tunnel?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I do have a roll bar.. and have a real extinguisher mounted there... this is just for show.. and its so small the only thing it would put out is a cigarette

Cal44

Gold forum user
Sweet...............ebay?

why did it take so long too get the package?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes was an ebay purchase... not sure why it took so long.. perhaps caught in customs because it had fluid in it.. though there was no inspection stickers on the box... either way... happy it arrived.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bill,

I have seen so many with bad stickers.. as for to much.. its all comparative.. i paid "to much" for everything i have bought pre 2009.. my tiger, the HEAPS of parts i bought from the USA, UK over the last 15 years.. our $ was only .38GBP and .67USD during the majority of my aquisitions, now we are sitting at 1.03 USD today and .64GBP.. so by comparison it all seems cheap to me now!

As a side note.. all you USA and GB guys should really not fret so much over postage.. down on this side of the world you either post it or you dont get it.. i think nothing of buying stuff on the other side of the world.. i have no option! Yet there seems so much concern of you guys trading "across the pond" (not you bill.. just a trend i notice in general)

atallamcs

Bronze forum user
No Fear

I realize how lucky we are because overseas or down under comes with high shipping costs. I just purchased some wheels today from a UK vendor and the four will cost me nearly US$500 just for shipping,yikes.
Bill

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If its from image.. they quoted me (incl postage) 3250GBP for the BRM style wheels... i wonder why i didn't go that way... The PS halibrand replicas are looking good with our $... behave.. behave.. :p

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
fires

michael/bill,
about three years ago i bought several original rootes oil filters from a place in the U.K. they were shipped september 5. they made it to ohio february 11 of the next year. over five months! yet recently i had a few things from speedy spares that made it here in less than a week. i shipped a part to spain a couple weeks ago and it went in four days. makes no sense at all. the important thing michael is that you got it! looks great. was it still charged?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
the important thing michael is that you got it! looks great. was it still charged?

Bob.. you are 100% right about the way i feel.. i would have been somewhat annoyed at losing the money.. but the real upset would not be having the part.. you guys all know the drill.. $ dont replace the un-replaceable.

It still has fluid inside (i can hear it) its not dripping out.. so might be active.. i wan tot get the fluid out.. i was thnking going to a drycleaner (same stuff i hear)

from a friend after i got it:

Michael

These things used CTC (carbon tetra chloride) as the liquid, which when heated produces a gas called phosgene, which happens to be one of the gases they used in WW1 to kill people 8-(