Interesting MKI for sale

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A few tigers have shown up non ebay, but this MKI caught my eye:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Othe...Zp5197Q2em7QQcategoryZ6472QQitemZ110670973749

3206_main_f.jpg

On the surface a really nice looking car.. has the HSC55 replica halibrands, good stance and fom the description a few nice mods... but looking closer i wonder how superficial the restoration was?

Ignore the odd shadding, pin stripe on the bonnet and boot (hood/trunk) and the fact its a MKI which they have put the MKIA/II soft top covers on (in theory an upgrade to some).. its all the missing bits and poor detailing that get me.

The underside of the car is quite rough, there is wrap around one of the headers for reason unknown.. but looks like maybe to stop it from hitting against something?

Then there is the interior, the drivers door interior panel has odd dimples coming from behind, there are no seals around the passengers door. The rubber plugs in the doors are painted over, furflex trim around the bonnet opening... given its at a dealer i assume they are going to be asking high $.. and im betting for the money they are asking you would want a well sorted car, not one with lots of careless/missing details.

anyway.. car is at

http://www.specialtysales.com/1965-sunbeam-tiger-mk-i-c-3206.htm

maybe someone can call and find the asking price?

Just seems a pitty, beacuse at first glance i thought.. wow thats a nice personalised tiger.

Cal44

Gold forum user
What Mr. King said............+ the spinners............dude..........how long are those things?

What years did Tigers come with trunk interior painted black?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
MK1

michael,
you missed something! i e mailed the dealer earlier this evening asking if they knew why it has a salvage title. they replied that the owner had bought it several years ago and he has no idea why the salvage title. it was that way when he bought it. it has been tac'ed.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I think they're a bit mixed up with the tire sizes... (wide ones on the front?)
..."The car sits on very nice PS Engineering wheels wrapped in Zexus Xi326 195/50R15 rear tires and Falken ZE-502 205/55R15 front tires."...

I'll guess that they wrapped a bit of the driver's side header to keep the 'go pedal' foot cooler ?? There's also what looks like a small piece of that wrap jammed under the pass. side 'pass-through' ... probably was rattling... lol
It's a pretty color... maybe not for a Tiger but a lot of cars look good in blue... Viper comes to mind...

Geez...I better not post too many pics of my car... lol . I do a lot of mods that are way to 'out there' for most... but then I do 'restoration' kind of things sometimes... I got a new trunk lock tumbler and key the other day and had a bunch of old tumblers so I 're-cored' the doors and console so now the new key fits them all. Before now, I couldn't lock anything on my car...

Jim
B382000446

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What Mr. King said............+ the spinners............dude..........how long are those things?

What years did Tigers come with trunk interior painted black?

Those are the optional spinners for the PS wheels.. as for black boot.. unless it was a black car it shouldn't be black.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I think they're a bit mixed up with the tire sizes... (wide ones on the front?)
..."The car sits on very nice PS Engineering wheels wrapped in Zexus Xi326 195/50R15 rear tires and Falken ZE-502 205/55R15 front tires."...

I'll guess that they wrapped a bit of the driver's side header to keep the 'go pedal' foot cooler ?? There's also what looks like a small piece of that wrap jammed under the pass. side 'pass-through' ... probably was rattling... lol
It's a pretty color... maybe not for a Tiger but a lot of cars look good in blue... Viper comes to mind...

Geez...I better not post too many pics of my car... lol . I do a lot of mods that are way to 'out there' for most... but then I do 'restoration' kind of things sometimes... I got a new trunk lock tumbler and key the other day and had a bunch of old tumblers so I 're-cored' the doors and console so now the new key fits them all. Before now, I couldn't lock anything on my car...

Jim
B382000446

Jim i noticed that.. think they just mixed up front and rear.. i'd say it has the 7" rims on the back. As for the car.. i dont mind the colour.. i just dont like the stripes they have on it.. its subtle but there around the LAT scoop oand on the boot.. the car looks nice at first pass.. pitty its not as nice when you get closer.