Another Tiger For Sale

Cal44

Gold forum user
Here we go. Seller claims first 300 cars came with a plastic steering wheel.
Thought I would stir the pot again. I like the black dash.

HOLD THE BLOODY FORT! Look under the car at the frame right after the exhaust down tubes. What the.....!
Do my eyes see correctly? A huge chunk removed on each side of the X frame with what looks to be a cutting torch?

I take it back..............walk away.............Danger Will Robinson!!!!!

And............it looks as though the exhaust system is welded together.........as in no clamps. Good luck if you ever need to pull out the rear end.

Ask me how I know............why just yesterday I pulled the rear end. But, before I did I had to cut apart my exhaust system..................new one, with clamps ordered. ugh!

Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yikes,

The exhaust cut outs are cut out! I had a look at the openeing pic the other day and thought how nice.. flciked through all the pics.. there are some goofy things there... once again as per the blue car.. looks nice.. until closer inspection.... seems most people only care about what is seen when car is on the ground.

Credit however to the sellers for at least showing the undersides given they know its not doing them any favours... but probaby saves them lots of "can we see pics of..." mails

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
tiger

they did eliminate the problem with the X frame ever rusting out again. the original exhaust cut outs were cut with a torch when the cars were built. it looks like they plated the X frame and also filled in the area above the exhaust. it looks to be a well done modification that may never rust again.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bob,

Thats sure a nice bit of work.. someone is spending the time to do it right.. and so nice to see a car body coloured under there.. not to mention smooth panels instead of the rough textured underseal... is that at the same shop doing your alpine?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
tiger

michael,
i think these photos tell the story of the quality of his work. my car will be green on top and underneath with the same smooth panels. if you look at my other photos you will see the front crossmember and also the rear end that he painted and rebuilt for my car.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Yikes,

The exhaust cut outs are cut out!

That must have been a popular thing to do back in the day as that's what my car looked like... lol! Once it's done, there's not really much point in putting it back as per 'factory' spec is there...??
I boxed mine in and added a lot of room, too...

Jim
B382000446

Cal44

Gold forum user
Since I don't see the car any longer on Ebay I guess someone pulled the trigger at $30K