Some Pie Cutters

Cal44

Gold forum user
Mod. notes dead link good follow on posts

Last edited by a moderator:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The starting price has dropped $300 since the listing previously.. nice to see a set that still have the head caps on (often removed) I have heard these castings can be quite porus and let the air out of tyres.. I guess you could always have them sealed inside the rim.. or run tubes.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
pie cutters

they're still 45 years old and could be very brittle. i wouldn't drive very hard with them.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Old Aluminum Wheels

The Ad says "Mags" but the LAT - 9 wheel is aluminum. "Rim and spokes polished to mirror like finish" The wheels in the ad appear to have been sand? blasted and the polished high points appear the same flat grey.

Safety? Aluminum wheels are not as subject to aging and cracks as magnesium. But those old Goodrich tires are probably past their use by date. What would it cost to get the tires R & R'd when these wheels cannot have the tires changed using the conventional tools? Where or who would you do it?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Ad says "Mags" but the LAT - 9 wheel is aluminum. "Rim and spokes polished to mirror like finish" The wheels in the ad appear to have been sand? blasted and the polished high points appear the same flat grey.

Safety? Aluminum wheels are not as subject to aging and cracks as magnesium. But those old Goodrich tires are probably past their use by date. What would it cost to get the tires R & R'd when these wheels cannot have the tires changed using the conventional tools? Where or who would you do it?

This is the reason that lots of these had the head caps cut off them wasnt it? I believe that there are a few tyre places doing balancing now via laser measurement.. so that may fix the balancing issue.. as for fitting.. am sure it could be sorted out.