Holley Carburetor

Cal44

Gold forum user
Can someone provide me the List number for the LAT option Holley for the 1965
Tiger?

And, was there a different List number for the three different years?

Thanks,
Mike

Cal44

Gold forum user
For dem' not knowing what the list number is. The number is stamped on the intake horn from the manufacturer. A part number from Holley.

atallamcs

Bronze forum user
Carburetor

I do not know the answer to your question but if you have a relatively stock 260 in your 1965 Tiger, this Holley is the ticket. I just put this on my new Tiger. Great low end, nice solid runner. Some people go too large which offer little performance advantage. My other tiger is EFI on a built 260.
Bill

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-0-80570/

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
If by chance your question is more of a historical data information than a current day purchase nature, there is some mention in the "Performance Tuning the Tiger" by Gordon Chittenden. He indicates the 465 CFM carb in the LAT1 kit was a Model 1-12 Holley. He mentions that "for LAT 20 camshaft and for competition use you are going to need the larger option R-3259 AS Holley..." which is a 715CFM carb. Funny, I would have expected a R and 4 digits type designation on the 465 CFM carb. Anyway, there is said to be numerous bits of incorrect information in the book, as most are now aware. Maybe this is one of them.

Gene

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Mike

I have the LAT 1 set up on my 260. Unfortunately, I do not know exactly when it was installed during the car's history, or if the manifold and carb were installed as separate components, as opposed to the original LAT 1 package. I have the warranty tag which indicates a date of 057 '02, which leads me to believe that the carb, although the correct type, is a much later version. Consequently, this might not be exactly what you need.

I can say with certainty that the carb is it a Holley 4-barrel, Model 4160, 465cfm, Part # O-1848-1.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Cal44

Gold forum user
Thanks guys. My reason for asking is that I would like to find a correct carburetor. Then a correct intake, not needed in that order.

It's what I do.....find things for my cars. Swaps meets, Craigslist and the like.

If, and I will, find the correct items, would like to install on the Tiger. Not looking for gobs of H.P., just a little more power. Although a small V8, I can feel it calling out for a four barrel.

I can wait..............

Warren

Gold forum user
Mike

I have the LAT 1 set up on my 260. Unfortunately, I do not know exactly when it was installed during the car's history, or if the manifold and carb were installed as separate components, as opposed to the original LAT 1 package. I have the warranty tag which indicates a date of 057 '02, which leads me to believe that the carb, although the correct type, is a much later version. Consequently, this might not be exactly what you need.

I can say with certainty that the carb is it a Holley 4-barrel, Model 4160, 465cfm, Part # O-1848-1.

Hope this helps.

I have the same kind of question and am trying to determine what is on the F-4 b . the only visible numbers are the many patent numbers and some very small ones on the fan side of the float bowl. I scoured the air horn and do not see a number. Naturally I'd like to think that it is the OG motor with a LAT period correct thing going on. It has an Autolite dual point cent. advance and had a short stock coil, PO put a new auto part store generic which wiggles around in the mount on the manifold. I will get some pics today but have not posted ant to CAT yet. Thanks W. in So Cal.